Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Short pump accessory brackets (sbc)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Aug 30, 2017.

1. hey guys,having a hard time finding this.

I'm looking for alternator and power steering brackets for short pump sbc,but I'm running headers so the factory bracket I've seen won't work

I have no parts so if there's a complete kit for a reasonable price I'd be interested. Don't have a lot to spend but at this point I'm kind of willing to look at whatever since I can't find anything. Thanks

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

If you can find an early OEM PS pump bracket, from the early-mid 60s, it should work, and not be connected to the alternator bracket. Then you can get the cheesy aftermarket alternator bracket that is designed to be used with headers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141062515096

porknbeaner and Montana1 like this.
  3. Check out Alan Grove brackets, pricey but well made.

4. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

TBI also makes good brackets

5. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been looking diligently for months for a SWP power steering and alternator setup that doesn't look like ass or is made from billet. haven't found anything and will probably throw in the towel and get a LWP.

This is the best looking LWP bracket setup (to my eye) I can find:
    [​IMG]

at www.ictbillet.com

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Bandit Billy likes this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  8. squirrel

squirrel

There you go. You might find that long and short water pump power steering brackets end up with the pulley about the same distance from the block.

9. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

X2 I have had good luck with alan grove brackets.

10. Check out brackets for '69-'72 chevy pickup. Lots of after market venders.

model A hooligan likes this.
  11. After some research,found a fellow on the famous auction site that has a kit,that has a high mount alternator bracket with alternator,power steering pump
    And bracket,engine pulleys and the 2 belts with included bolts. Added it up and I could t put the kit together for what he is charging so I went that route

12. 41woodie

41woodie

Try this site, http://www.billshotrodcompany.com I've had pretty good luck finding a workable setup for a short pump running PS, AC and Alt. If you don't like chrome have the pieces powder coated, mine are black which makes them kind of invisible.

13. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Could you please share a link or the seller ID?

14. Try this.....They worked out perfectly... not the best chrome job but what the heck...

http://shop.whiteperformance.com/Dress-Up-Kits_c64.htm

Separately purchased A/C Compressor bracket.. do a search on "air conditioning bracket" on the White website...
    Here is how mine turned out... I had to get my Pontiac Sunbird remote reservoir PS pump (ham can had no hope of fitting) pulley from Allen Grove as I remember.. not sure..
    In any case, all turned out perfect !

https://49fordcoupe.smugmug.com/The-Engine/i-RhSmgR4/A

15. I used the ones from Bills a few yrs ago. They fit well and were cheap at the time.

16. southcross2631

southcross2631

this works. made my own. 2015-04-26 18.21.15.jpg