Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Short Edmunds Air Cleaners on Flathead?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Inked Monkey, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

My brain hurts from all the threads I've been reading about air cleaners on a flathead. I know the small ones can choke down the carb due to lack of airflow. Is anybody running the short round Edmunds air cleaners? How do they flow? I know Obrien's is selling them so I ASSume they are ok to use?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez, using that for logic do me a favor and don't look on Big Daddy Don Garltis store site. :D

Fun aside, I am sure they will be fine. Just one or multiple carbs/air cleaners

Inked Monkey likes this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Oooh, oooh I want one of those Garlits specials. I be jammin'.:D

4. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I have a pair of round Edmunds air cleaners on my 59A powered roadster. They work quite well, they look good, and have very little air restriction. The ones I have were made by Bruce Dahl a few years ago.

Inked Monkey likes this.

5. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I might grab a couple and give them a shot. I'd just get the tall ones, but I don't have the room

6. car doctor

car doctor

I have run them on my coupe for 4 years and 18,000 miles, no problems at all ! IMG_20190612_195519.jpg

Inked Monkey and Dino 64 like this.