Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shop upgrades

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rouye56wingnut, Dec 6, 2012.

1. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

019_4_1.JPG

021_6_1.JPG

020_5_1.JPG

023_8_1.JPG

024_9_1.JPG

025_10_1.JPG

016_1_1.JPG

017_2_1.JPG

026_11_1.JPG

027_12_1.JPG [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Well I finally got up enough nerve to pick up the Press Brake I bought 6 months ago as an upgrade to the 4ft I sold to Tom Fritz . This thing is big and top heavy (way more than the pulmax or 653 Eckold I hauld )[​IMG] We had to get pretty creative to get it out of the shop it was in as it didnt have any cranes or large fork trucks . Lucky I had equipment trucks to move the machine to the hoist .
    Once I got it home it was a little easier .Also Shop Dog showed up with his wisdom and experiance to get it in place . Now just some leveling and anchors and good to go .
    I also did some reenforcing on my louver press .I had noticed some flex in the frame that was more than I was comfortable with so I plated the upper arm and backbone then had it powder coated. I am going to upgrade the machine to be more multi tasking . I use dimple dies in my iron worker and have wanted more throat depth at times and this will allow me to do that . I have some other ideas but dont have the time right now but I am going to have dove tail mounts for rapid changing so as to use it more as I create them .
    I looked at the white panels and as soon as I have the cyl mounted and the machine up and running , I will have to louver the panels.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

All I see are red X's.

Don

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Pictures are probably too big!

4. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

5. kennb

kennb

That's awesome. I wish I had a large shop. I work out of a 2 car garage. It's tight as hell because I do motorcycles as well and have enough tools and equipment to fill the whole place up. Always have everything jammed to one side. Got a 12X16 shed filled with parts and equipment also. Something like that would take up half of my place. Ken

6. carryallman

carryallman

dan /nice tool whore !or i mean tool horde ? looks like 6 footer ? them are poping up regular around me ! need to buy some dies for my 6 ft break -hoping to find a upper gooseneck and lower 3 side v-block? anybodygot anything ? :cool:

7. lawman

lawman

Wow, That is a nice shop.Sure beat's my little "Magna-Bend" !!!!!!

8. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

I also have a Magna Bend that I use all the time , but I wanted something with a little more versatility for hat channels and radius on thicker stuff . This will also allow me to do heavier brackets as long as they are narrower . I sold my 4 ft press brake to make room for this and missed it .

9. lawman

lawman

Well you have the "Daddy" now LOL

10. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

My son and I are going through every inch of our shop and reorganize it.The space you end up with is amazing!!!Found some goodies too.

Our plan like 56wingnut is bringing in a bunch of other equipment and getting rid of other stuff.Very exciting!! Good luck,I sold my 6 ft brake when we were planning on moving,never went DUH Kept my dies

11. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Let me go on record; I hate you for having all that space and tools
    just kidding, nice shop

12. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

Mike if you come across a 4 way 6ft keep me in mind .

13. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Dan, the louver press looks really good!

14. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

I will have the rest of it painted and reinstalled today as I have more louvers to do

15. rouye56wingnut

rouye56wingnut
    from mn.

I got the press fired up and set in place . Works like a new machine .

Attached Files: