Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shop pickups?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Jan 28, 2013.

1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

:confused::confused:Question, shop pickups...(not posting photos) My wife surprised me with a pickup last weekend but it's 6 years past 65, but it's ok with me, wanted to know about your shop pickups and are they HAMB friendly and hows the paint on them, original or is it been repainted?

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Just got mine delivered Sat. morning. 1959 F100, I love this truck! Will lose the wheels in the spring to make it more HAMB friendly.

New paint and new 355 engine...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  3. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Cool, wow nice pickup.....

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. My "shop truck" falls into a gray area. Well within the guidelines of the year cut off date, modified and in the process of getting ready for paint. But all 4 wheels pull so it is not necessarily HAMB friendly.

My last shop truck was a '65 but at the time the generally accepted cut off date on the HSMb was '64. No one really cared or at least no one openly cared.

5. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Thanks porknbeaner....The paint on mine is original, it's a little faded but ok,,,,so that was why the paint question? just curious ......

6. My '65 wore faded original paint proudly. I should have done the proper repairs and painted it but I like the color of red '65 C-10s after they fade better. :eek:

If your paint is still intact it doesn't hurt a thing to give one a good rubbing.

7. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Ok...cool, thanks man

8. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Mine was headed to the scrapper on a trailer. Got it running, washed several times with a scotchbrite, refinieshed the roof, painted the wheels and made some side boards. Its moderately straight, rough around the edges, but draws attention with the boxes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And a shot with the wagon
    [​IMG]

9. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere