Register now to get rid of these ads!

shop available for hambers

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by mcgyver, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Figured that i would throw it there again, I have a pretty well equipped shop (welder, plasma, torch, vertical milling machine, lathes, cherry picker, jacks, smooth concrete floor, lights, you get the idea) here in Pittsburg that I will make available to any hambers that need help or want to fix something and are too far from home.

I can also help with any transfers of engines etc. i have a forklift at work and pallets and a bander if you want to tie stuff down.

Ryan, what is the best way to make this easy? i'm not quite sure i want to post my phone number here on the board, but i don't have a fancy phone that can do email either.

jason

2. Very cool offer.

I imagine plenty of people will see this thread and know this option is open to them. Maybe give your # out to a few trusted folks who will be around the whole weekend. If you want PM me your #, I'll be attached to the Alliance Auction all weekend and pretty visible. Also, maybe send hotrodladycrusr a PM, she always knows what's going on.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  3. Rodshop

Rodshop

Yeah- good offer. Always nice to know there are people who will step up and help if something happens when on the road.

4. Abomination

Abomination

Is that the shop where this lives, too?

You ever get the $300 you were asking for that thing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Jason

5. ha, not yet, it is looking like i may have to get it in the shop, fix it like i want it and then someone will want it, but then why get rid of it?

i do think that i may hit the hotel parking lot with a floor jack and a few tools when i go over, at this time, i don't know what i will be driving, so that might depend on what i take. i talked to Denise, she has me on the list of Hamb Helpers, didn't know that there was one until a few days ago.

6. oldsman71

oldsman71

cool offer, im in pittsburg, ks too, glad to see hambers from my home town :)

7. skoh73

skoh73

Great offer. I commend you for your selflessness and generosity!

8. it is not a problem, many times have i had someone else help me when they could have easily kept going on their way.

short story, i was going to Lincoln NE for the first stop of the power tour many years ago in my OT pickup and we were a mile or so east of town and something started to vibrate, then the speedo quit, i limped it to the first stop light, the only thing even remotely automotive was a Goodyear tire store, we dumped a bunch of ATF at the light and barely made it to their parking lot. the driveshaft had just enough of a vibration to it that the tailshaft housing bolt came out or broke off (TH350). i had a few tools, but nothing to deal with the 3 broken bolts.

Here is the cool part: the manager got me in on one of the lifts, sent his parts runner to the store to get me bolts and a 3/8-16 tap, he even let me do the work, he pumped about 7 quarts of fluid in it, i paid the bill for the fliud, but he didn't want anything for the tap, labor, etc. Oh and this was Saturday of memorial weekend when he was busy as can be. I am very grateful to people like that, so anytime that i can help, i try to.

9. Fang

Fang
    BANNED

It's refreshing to see local garages offer up help to wayward car guys! I for one am a 62 y/o somewhat disabled street freak. I'll be driving my blown 29 Ford up n running it. It takes a big load off my mind knowing there will be H.A.M.B.ers around to lend a hand should I break something. Plan on meeting up with Organgrinder when he comes through Ft. Smith on Aug 18th. (My 62nd B-day)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  10. DM613

DM613
    from usa

i do anticipate that i may hit the auberge parking lot with a attic jack and a few accoutrement if i go over, at this time, i don't apperceive what i will be active, so that ability depend on what i yield. i talked to Denise, she has me on the account of Hamb cadre, didn't apperceive that there was one until a few canicule ago.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  11. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

It's guys like you that make me love this place. Thats a big offer for someone in need. You have restored my faith in humans once again.