Register now to get rid of these ads!

shoebox trunk rubber placement? a lil help please?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scoottattoo, May 18, 2011.

1. scoottattoo

scoottattoo
    from Nevada

so ive looked at three different lids and got three different placements and rubber...... does anyone have a photo of proper direction and or placement of a dennis carpenter trunk seal for a 49-51? I've searched the site with little results for weather stripping. thanks!

2. they go ont the trunklid not the car body if thats what your asking

the seal i bought have a diagram showing how to put them on in the package

the curve faces to the outside of the car

3. scoottattoo

scoottattoo
    from Nevada

[​IMG]

This is what I did and it fits like crap now,... Gaps are huge even after a couple days... It wouldn't latch if it had one

4. why are there 2 seals on your trunklid? in that pic

5. heres a pic of the one i installed on my 50 trunklid i have since bought a 51 trunklid so i have to do it again

Attached Files:

6. scoottattoo

scoottattoo
    from Nevada

There's not, that's where the valley opened up goin around the radius. I'm thinking it's inside out....???

[​IMG]

7. i think you got the wrong seal somehow

heres the new one i just got for my 51 trunklid

and a pic of the diagram in the package

Attached Files:

8. KitsBeach

KitsBeach
    from Vancouver

I need trunk rubber too and noticed on the dennis carpenter website that there are two parts. "trunk compartment opening" which goes on the body and and "trunk lid seal" which gets glued on the trunk lid.

I'm going to see about getting both because right now I am inhaling a lot of car exhaust..

9. KitsBeach

KitsBeach
    from Vancouver

10. the trunk compartment opening seal is a thin u channel that just fits on the edge mainly to protect you from getting cut on the metal