Register now to get rid of these ads!

shoebox saggy door hinges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead fred, Nov 9, 2006.

1. flathead fred

flathead fred

any suggestions on old sagging shoebox door hinges?? any sources for new hinges??

2. Nicholson

Nicholson

I don't know of anyone making new hinges. I looked through some catalogs for hinge pins but did not find those either. You could probably find some other pins that would work or oversize them if they are really worn out. You might also check to see if the body has sagged. There are rubber pads and shims underneath the cowl braces to help with door alignment. Might also check the braces for rust.

3. butch27

butch27

At most auto stores there is a HELP section (the name of the company) I found hingepins there.

4. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

Google CASCO- They have hinge pin and bushing kits for T-birds ($7-8 ea). I just did all 4 on my '57. They turned out real nice...

5. Terry

Terry

Ford or Chevy =)

6. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

also check to make sure the spot weld on the door skin are not broken and letting the door sag.

7. flathead fred

flathead fred

door is fine, to clarify, it is the hinge pins, sloppy and a bit "out of round, actually ran into a friend today who is a marine welder, he can probably make me some out of stainless.

thanks for the input

8. 5051