Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox Hearse followed me home.... But I'm going to be ok !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Geez, this has nice lines - think it's because the roofline hasn't been raised like on so many other hearses. A set of Crestline trim and a sharp two-tone copper-over-cream paint job would be my next step... how many surfboards can you get into it?

2. New Driveshaft built and installed . 65mph and no vibrations now .

3. prez

prez

now you can fix the brakes for her ........

4. Haha!
    Brakes done , Gas Tank installed , 12 volt neg ground conversion done . Used a Y block Generator so the 8ba dosn't look like it's been molested by a male hair dresser !

'Shel reckons she's driving it to Kumeu :)

5. Alfster

Alfster

Nice to see it cruising around last night.

6. If anyone out there has a left side park lamp trim/mount that I don't have to mortgage my house for I'd be most grateful :)

Merry Xmas all ....

7. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Hey mate, stay tuned, about to go through my shed this week..think I may have one in good nick....it may be a right hand or might be a left hand..James :D

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

Where did you get rear wheel cylinders? Thanks

9. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I have never seen one and I've seen a lot of hearses

10. Ajays Ford V8 Parts , right here in lil ol New Zealand .

11. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

ya sure thats not a coachbuilt stationwagon?

12. Cant be a hearse no place for the coffin! Flower car maybe!

13. Hey now you can be in the hamb hearse club we re always looking for new blood!

14. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

That is a really neat car.

15. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Why the beep does the Americans keep doubt that it is a hearse? If a guy who ownes it sats it is, the guy who bought it says it is and some Local people say it is; then it is a Hearse!!!!!!!
    And a damn cool hearse at that!

The flower car, is that a US concept only? My parents owns a funeral home, and there half privat OT Vw Touran moves the flowers after the service. There is no thing as a flowercar, only cars with flowers!

I realt digs the concept with the hearse build on a non-van, non-coach or delivery. I always have a wish to own a hearse, especialy a OT Volvo 240 hearse, or a Volvo 210 hearse. Because American hearses or hearses build on US cars are more rare the chickens with teath.

In short I really dig your hearse!!
    More fotos, please.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  16. Your rite its a hearse we ve just never seen one like it so dont get ur panties in a bunch! N yes it is cool lol!

17. Flower cars are usually old cadilacs with a box like an el camino maybe you jus dont have em over there!

18. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Awesome ride... better still that it still runs! Amazing what turns up and its done well to survive like it has with our weather. Not many spinners did. Hope you make it to Kumeu. See you there if you do.
    Cheers

Andy

19. Thanks Andy , we'll see you there mate . Rod .

20. I think the comment above is the same as others here have thought too , It is certainly a hearse but what you need to consider is this.... The Coffin is loaded/unloaded from the rear, it slides in under the rear window . With a full size american style coffin with the ornate raised style top this will never work . But here in NZ until very recently it was VERY VERY uncommon to see a coffin with a raised top . Back when this thing would've been in service coffins here were a very simple deal , and 99.9 % had a flat top .

Here in NZ during the '50s '60s'70s and even the '80s most of our hearse's were based on Stationwagon platforms rather than commercials or stretched wheelbase's .

21. Never seen a shubox anything like it. I'm still trying to decide if I like it or not.
    BTW, during 1951, our Korean war [ok, it's generally refered to as the Korean "conflict"] was raging and the majority of chrome went toward the war effort. Most 51 and some 52 cars had extremely thin chrome plating. I'd consentrate your search for a park light housing to Oz unless you want to rechrome an American version.

22. dubie

dubie

oooohohhhhhhhhh this is going to be a cool build. So damn cool!!!!!

23. SlowMoe

SlowMoe
    from Alabama

Definitely a KOOL HEARSE
    Over here at the states, we're all so overweight, that the size coffin's we have would never fit in it! LMAO!:D

24. Well , some more progress today ...
    First thing this morning we had the express parcel guy deliver a big box of goodies from Australia :D
    Wifey and I owe a HUGE THANK YOU to James ( Theloglady here on the hamb).
    He parceled up a bunch of his spares , all carefully bubble wrapped and neatly packed and then sent them express post to us !!

In the box he's sent Headlamp surrounds , horn rings and switch assemblies, tail lamp lenses , a complete working factory radio and some badges and trim .

So today we spent some time fitting up some of these goodies , along with the rest of the side trim . And the hood center strip .
    Then this afternoon we decided it needed some more "adjustments" made to the ride height , I had dropped the front a couple inches yesterday so it seemed
    only fair to bring the rear down a couple too - right ?

more photos tomorrow .

25. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

26. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Pleasure..anytime mate....when ya get stuck with anything else drop me a line and illl have another surf......lets see them pics Rod !!!!!!

27. Ok , finally some more pics . Here she is showing off her New "HAMB approved" ride height :D

[​IMG]

and with an old companion !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

GObsmacked ! Well done..looking great Rod. Michelle is stoked I am sure ! Great stance, I wonder if some fox craft fender skirts will work with it....? Don't know...kind like it the way it is !

29. Thanks James , wouldn't be this far along with it if it wern't for your help mate .
    Yeah not sure about skirts, Next change will be wide whites on reversed rims with the moon caps back on . That oughta smarten things up .

30. studemisfit

studemisfit

Looks great. Love it just the way you have it sitting now.