Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox headers that fit and all new 2 1/2" exhaust for 300 smacks.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FEDER, Jun 24, 2008.

1. FEDER

FEDER

First time I ever got a set of headers that really fit with absolutly no bangin-dingin-beatin- cuttin an weldin. I have a smallblock Ford in My shoebox with Fatman spindles-tierods and volvo box. Had stock type cast ex mannis and a totally rusted out and worn exhaust.
    I kept lookin at 5 litre mustang shortie headers and thinkin they might work. There are several styles and the ones I kept going back to were the Summit brand cheapos for 139. bucks in chrome. So I ordered a set with My fingers crossed, they couldnt have fit any better!!! Really, this is the first set of storebought headers I didnt have to do something.
    And to boot they are 1 5/8ths with 3/8ths flgs and 14 guage tubes. The quality is way better than the Ford stockers. They exit 2 1/2 in so I went and saw Kyle (OLD BEETS)
    kid and he set Me up with the pipe-flanges- and 36" glass pack muffs all in 2 1/2".
    I took My old exhaust I cut off with Me and scrounged through His mandrel bent tailpipes and found something simmular and got 3 of them. The third one I got for the bends to make the first run off the header. So with some cutting-rotating shotening and lengthening I got a COMPLETE 2 1/2" mandrel bent system with chrome headers for 300 bucks and change SAWEEEEET!!

Attached Files:

2. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Sweet, thanks for the tip, the ones on my shoe are getting pretty rough.

Drew

3. old beet

old beet

I looked at it today, them headers fit perfect! WOW!

4. txag01

txag01

Can you post the part# for the headers? I am getting ready to redo the scabbed together exhaust on my 49 shoe with a small block. Are these a chrome replacement of the the factory mustang shorty? I have a set of the mustang shorties but there was an interference with my steering set-up. I currently have cast exhaust manifolds that I think may have come out of an 80's crown vic.

5. old beet

old beet

SUM-G9074....$139 Chrome

6. If Only They Had A Set Like That For A Sbc... Damn...

7. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

WOW, I have a set of shorties that I'm praying I can make work with my 302 S10 clipped '51. Just need to actually start doing all that.

8. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Yep, this wasn't common knowledge? I've got some stock ones a found at a swap meet. $20
    Jimmy

9. FEDER

FEDER

Do you mean that 5.0 headers fit a 289 ? or aftermarket headers for a Mustang will fit good in a 51 ford with a volvo box and non stock coloum and universals?

10. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Everyone know 5.0 fit a 289. I didn't know about your steering set up, but on a stock steering with a SBF they fit perfectly too, that's what I've got
    Jimmy

11. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Nice looking exhaust! That was the hookup deal of the century!!!