Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Shoebox Floorplans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dullchrome, Sep 28, 2010.

1. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I need some front floorpans for my 1950 Ford and am curious what you all have used, where you got them, their fit and quality.

Shoeboxford.com, DennisCarpenter, EarlyFordStore, C&G, Etc.

2. i got my front floor sections/ from inner rocker to inner rocker and all four body mounts for my shoebox from EMS out of ohio they fit well are made of heavy guage metal BUT they DO NOT look anything like the stock pans the floor panels themselves are flat with a few bead rolled stiffeners they are a bit pricey but i think they are worth it

im about halfway done installing mine oh and its a 50 also

3. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I checked out EMS and have a question. What do you do about the hole for the master cylinder?

4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

its called a hole saw.... you put it on a drill.... you drill a hole......:rolleyes:

5. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Thanks Captian Obvious...LOL ! ! !

6. Wheelie

Wheelie
    from Dallas

I don't think they made floorplans for a shoebox. But I can scan in the ones from my house? not sure if that will help ya.

7. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

make them yourself.

Shoebox floors are the easiest things to make as the are flat with a couple of beads.

I did a tech on how to make floor patches without special tools, http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435411

and for about the price of one patch panel you should be able to do the whole floor.

8. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I've done them by myself too.Like Da Tinman said,they are easiest to make.
    Few pics on my build thread..