Register now to get rid of these ads!

shoebox club coupe quarter windows

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chillywilly, Oct 20, 2010.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly

Putting the coupe back together and although i have all the parts - i think - how does this window go back into the molding to pivot properly. There are a lot of washers here and i'm willing to bet there is a digram somewhere showing how many go where............. or a guy whos done it a few times!

2. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

looks awesome chris ,any color ideas?

3. 50fordguy1

50fordguy1

page 230 of the Ford Green shop manual has a picture of how to put the 1/4 windows back together. Good Luck

4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok 4yrs old .but still . We want to fit the rear 1/4 windows on our club coupe 49. The old rubbers do not seem to overlap the vertical exterior window lip at all , weird, not pretty, how do these seal. Page 230 of the green book has no real closeup images.. Though there may be a chrome trim that helps, are we missing this???

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eric claptons 49 club coupe, with the same chop as ours. But it seems we are missing the extra stainless trim that surrounds the 1/4 window. So the rubber can't seal correctly plus it looks plain ugly with the original ford spot welds etc showing on the the window lip.
    image.jpg

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have also had a look at page 230 of the ford shoebox green book and it helps but only very little.

7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anyone know if similar year mercury coupes use the same trim ?

8. Did my side windows with new rubber and glass. I didn't find those washers where that important so i just put them in like i found them. Something to do with the cam stop so the window doesn't open to far if i remember. I do remember fighting with the assembly, lining several things up at the same time. Constantly shifting things . It's a general pain in the ass for such a simple assembly. Got eventually thou

9. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

or take the easy way out with non opening windows like a business coupe

10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry not an option , we love the opening windows , even if it means a lot more work as we are also chopped.
    Currently talking with Chris at shoebox Central . And Flat top bob at Owens salvage . Both good straight up guys.

11. Hey guys.. I have a similar but not equal problem. It seems the stock coupe push out window frames are spot welded or somehow firmly fit into the inside window frames. I have not started hammering on them to get them apart. Here is the real question.... Since I'm going for fixed glass rather than push out, are the interior frames the same? If I can get these push out assemblies off the inside frame, can that same frame be used to install the fixed glass? Thanks in advance...