Register now to get rid of these ads!

shock help ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61 chevy, Jun 8, 2012.

1. 61 chevy

61 chevy

i have a virbration in my 61 impala front end, will new shocks help this, wheels are balance,new tires

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

idler arm. Jack it up under the lower a-arm as close as you can to the tire, just get the tire barely off the ground & grab it & shake it hard on each side.

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Will that fix it?
    Bwahahahaha

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what type of vibration/at what speed? so, is this a new problem? if so what have you recently changed/ what is the condition of suspension/drive train?

5. Tony

Tony

Exactly. If anything was changed, was it doing it prior? If not, recheck everything that was done.
    And IF the vibration comes in at higher speeds, and you can drive out of it, it may still be wheel balance regardless if it was just done or not. I work at a auto repair shop and can't tell you how many times i re balance just balanced tires someone just had done.
    A bit more info may help.

Tony

6. 61 chevy

61 chevy

been doing it for awhile, at low speed15 ,and at 60mph,but not bad at inbetween speeds, have unlug craigers mags on it, at 15 you feel it in sterring wheel

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  7. fordor41

fordor41

Extra play in the steering box also