Register now to get rid of these ads!

shock attack

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MIGHTY, Oct 5, 2006.

1. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

Has anyone put shocks on a monte carlo clip that already has bags? Can you still turn? Is a shockwave air/bag shock the only answer? How much cuttin will I have to do to make it work? Got pics?

2. I pondered the same question for a Caprice clip I am installing.

The only good solution is the shockwaves.

3. david4991

david4991
    from Louisiana

if turning radius is too much of an issue, you could always recess them into the lower control arm and mount the other side on the frame or mount them off the upper control arm and build a hoop into the engine bay, that is if you have enough room.

4. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

I have the old style airbags with external shocks on my Monte Carlo clipped Caddy and, for sure, the shocks do cause a problem with the turning radius. Really, it's not so much of a problem as it is a pain in the ass. You have to plan ahead for any manuevers that might require a tight turning radius. U-turns can be a real problem. However, how often do you do these?

All that said and done, if I were to do it again I would definitely go with Shock Waves to eliminate this problem. They weren't available when I did mine and I'm too lazy to convert over to them now.

John, aka "oldandkrusty"

Register now to get rid of these ads!