Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shipping UPS? Crazy Rate Promotion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrCreosote, Nov 8, 2018.

1. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Ha! Just try & get an agent on the phone... Damned auto-ph system... Piss on UPS. Worst shipping in the business. Worst attitude, too.
    Marcus...

2. Richard Head

Richard Head

I received an order from Summit that was missing a length of 3/4" DD steering shaft. They asked if the box appeared damaged, I initially said "no" and then noticed a 3/4" hole in the corner of the box. Two days later, I get another box from summit, with a 3/4" hole and no weight. I called immediately and asked if they could tape the next one to the inside of the box, to keep it from sliding around. Another two days later, I get a huge box with another box inside of it with a steering shaft, not taped in it. The inner box was beat to shit though.
    I figure a company that ships as many car parts as Summit, should know when to brace things into a box, when needed. It makes me wonder if there is a warehouse somewhere with a pile of lost steering shafts from them. Although Summit covered the loss, I got a call months later from the claims department asking for pictures of the boxes with holes in them. Unfortunately, for them, the boxes had been long since recycled. I imagine the shipper declined their claim.
    Dave

3. vintage_mpg

vintage_mpg

I called and wrestled with a Guatemalan UPS phone rep for half an hour....and never got signed up for any discount. He had no idea where/what/how/etc.

Back to the same ol grind, I guess.....

Thanks for the heads up, all the same!

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. sunbeam

sunbeam

I shipped a hemi flywheel in a wood box they wanted an extra $10 because it was not cardboard. went FedEx they did not care.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I just remembered that I've totally blocked out the reason I last used UPS 10 years ago. I do remember I was glad I didn't have a baseball bat at the time. USPS, FedEx Ground and Fastenal are just fine with me. Bob

cajunfirehawk likes this.