Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shipping question

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Tedsgoldmine, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Can anyone point me to someone/a company, who can ship a 36 Ford coupe body on partial chassis rails, on a pallet from Omaha NE to LA?

With thanks

Gavin

2. Bruski

Bruski

Check with Ship a car Direct.. talk to David @ 818-824-4910.. I had a car shipped by them, was asked if car was drivable or not..my car was a drivable project... so maybe they can help you..

3. There are 3 QUALITY transporters here on the HAMB: BenD, Racinman Rick & Myself. Check the Hamb O Dex section for all of our ads. Personally I have nothing going west this month, but you might try Ben or Rick

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most of the car hauler that transport cars around the country wan them to be running and driving to load them on the convoy trucks. I'd say you need to check with the folks Bill mentioned in post 3. If they can't do it they might know someone they trust that can.
    As freight companies go you aren't shipping a car but shipping a large pallet or crate that will have to be handled with a pretty decent size fork lift. Meaning that it will have to be loaded and unloaded with a fork lift and Then most likely loaded in a container at the Cali end to ship to you unless it is going to a shop to be worked on. I'm wondering what the cost difference to ship it from Omha to LA in a 20 ft container would be. That might make handling from Omaha to LA a lot less hassle as it is just a container of parts being shipped as far as shipping companies go.

Here is one outfit that might be worth getting a quote from. http://www.directdrivelogistics.com/IntermodalLogistics/20ftShippingContainer