Register now to get rid of these ads!

shipping question min to nor car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kyle paul, Feb 27, 2013.

1. does anyone know of shipping companys that will just ship bodys? im looking at a t body in minnasota but id like to find a shipped before i do buy it .

2. wdglide

wdglide

Full body? would it fit on a pallet?

3. i think its to long for a pallet

4. Chances are it will be cost prohibitive to ship.
    A body is static load - not easily moved around once loaded.

You might try joining the HAMB Relay Social Group and posting your needs there:

@ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=214

Check here on the HAMB doing a keyword search using ' transport ' or ' haul ' or ' relay ' to see
    if a member might be headed your way ....;)

Good Luck!

Jim

5. wdglide

wdglide

Well, anyway, check with Fastenal 3PL. If it can be secured on a pallet type frame (liftable by a forklift) I suspect they could ship it for under $400 store to store.

Fastenal (the nut/bolt place) shipping is the best kept secret -- for some reason.

6. txturbo

txturbo

They can ship it....just build a pallet the size of the body footprint and strap it down good.

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I had Yellow Freight ship a 150" dragster to me from up-state NY to SoCal for $460. Seller built a long pallet for it and strapped all the parts inside the framerails.

8. Don't listen to the Nay Sayer, he tells pretty much everybody that location is bad or the item is to hard or cost prohibitive.
    There are 3 quality transporters here on the Hamb & we all have adds in the Hamb O Dex section where you can see feedback from other cutomers. We are: BenD, Racinman Rick & Myself. I would normally not have a bit of problem transporting this body, as I have hauled many of these for other Hambers in the back of my truck, but at this time, I am booked solid with no openings till mid April.

9. cayager

cayager

if something is a good deal i usually buy then worry about shipping later. you always find a reasonable deal.

10. i guess it can be palleted .and shiped fraight