Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shipping packages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Nov 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I purchased some trim on evilbay....it was shipped out Nov. 5th....still have not received it.... today is Nov. 16th....checked with post office and they informed me that because of covid-19 and the elections they are behind 7-10 days....with the Holidays right around the corner things are going to get worse....if you are shipping out merchandise or buying something please be aware....if you need it in a hurry I recommend UPS or FEDX.....................

olscrounger likes this.
  2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been getting USPS priority mail flat rate boxes no problem. I've had more issues with FedEx than the USPS but maybe that's just me.

olscrounger likes this.
  3. 5window

5window

I sent somethings Priority Mail and they said they couldn't promise 2 day delivery. But, they did it. Also sent a 11 pound box of books Media Mail from PA to Chicago and it arrived earlier than they predicted. It's a big system, made worse by politics,ballots and pandemic. Always a good idea to allow some slack.

olscrounger likes this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

Some things go through the postal system just fine, others get stuck....it's really luck of the draw.

5. We had a first class letter take 12 days to go 150 miles. Mail your holiday packages early.

6. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All of the pkgs I have sent through USPS were delivered on the time promised. One...sorta exception....a box of Studebaker Hawk taillight pieces, took about six weeks to get to Australia and I was more worried about the length of time than the buyer was. That was a lesson to me on how good we have it.

7. Unless you have been living under a rock you should be aware that every shipping company has been pushed to it's limit over the last few months. Expecting to get anything in a timely manner from any shipper is just folly at this point and be thankful if it does arrive on time.

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This is no place to complain about the post office. Lets get back to traditional hot rods and customs huh fellas?

Flathead Dave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.