Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shipping Merc from San Diego to Melbourne, Australia...HELP?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mai Ki-Ki, Dec 17, 2003.

1. One of my best friends has just got word her family Heirloon 4 Door Mint Conditon Mercury (49) is for sale and she has first right of refusal. Now the car needs to be shipped from San Diego (calif) to Melbourne/Sydney Australia.Asuming a shipping container...are there companies that do this, or is it more a case of cram a container with engines etc and someone eslses stuff to ship it over?

Any idea on the costs involved??

Just wondering cos it's a sweet car that next to impossible to find in good afordable nick over here.

Cheers
    MAIKI [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. 55olds88

55olds88

try talking to this dude here, tell him Paul at Fliway Intl sent ya. His co. is based in San Diego and loads and ships as well as doing local deliveries.
    [email protected], his name is Dion.

3. Kool, I've sent an emil off to them...

Much appreciated! 55olds88!

This car is pretty sweet....my friend wants it bad.
    Probably be the only grrl driving a merc in melbourne if it all goes thru!

[​IMG]

4. long island vic

long island vic

make sure you get a good company to do it. one of my customers from norway had a forty footer broken into in newark nj and some big doller stuff was taken the yard said tuff shit

5. Yeah..for this baby, we would be making sure it was all good and fully insured and stuff like that...

just abit worried about what a seavoyage does for old cars!

=]

6. geemann51

geemann51

[ QUOTE ]
    Just wondering cos it's a sweet car that next to impossible to find in good afordable nick over here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you they don't grow on trees here either [​IMG], She's a real beauty and we'll be sorry to see her go, but sounds like she'll have a good home.....

7. geemann51

geemann51

Oh yeah, if she needs someone to drive it around for awhile and look after it until the ship sets sail, I am available [​IMG]

8. Hey Mai Dude, If you wany to use a local company that I have used a Bunch of times ,call a Guy called Jedd Chedwiggun
    Hes from a Joint Called NACA Logistics there here in Melbourne ans Jedd has heaps of Nohow on shipping Rides in from the USA

Hes Number is 9318 5404,hes a car guy" Hes ol man is the Prez of the Spades Hotrod club

Good Luck,
    PS I know a Girl with a 49 Merc More door that lives in Bayswater used to be blue and white its now Green.

9. Thanks Gruntis!

Will call him...i kinda know a few of the spades guys and met a lot of them....!

This friend of mine can be seen hooning around melbourne in a Fully retored/Hotted Up White 1958 FE Holden with WW's and Red Steelies. (my old car)...She'll use this as her main car! V cool.

Plan to do some mild mods/shaving but keep it as nice as it is!

Cheers
    MAIKI [​IMG]

10. autocol

autocol

mai-ki...

john taverna imports shit all the time. containers get seperated so they fit two whole cars, and unerneath them, a whole bunch of engines and parts.

they're in the yellows "john taverna chassis"...

only a maybe...

11. Hmm..yet another good idea...

We have a bit of time to get it too, so we will research all the possibilities.....

Can't wait for my friends family to be asked where the Merc is..."oh Leonora, my niece has it all customised and driving around in Australai"

[​IMG]

12. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Just leave it here, I'll take good care of it and she can drive it when she comes over for visits... [​IMG]

13. old beet

old beet

Call Ray at "Junk Yard Classics Aust"..61 2 9524 0991 he does this all the time. Or Nick at "Rees's Racing" 02 9531 1557.......OLDBEET

14. Cword

Cword

Choco, recently moved a customline from the states to Australia. He's easy to get ahold of on the Australian board.

15. Thanks Guys!

Lots of usuful info there!

Time to make some calls!
    [​IMG]

16. MKK: Don't use John Taverna.

17. 55olds88

55olds88

The sea voyage don't do any harm, containers seal up pretty well, Dion will do a sole use 20' if you like, its a little more expensive but a lot less hassle and risk of damage then in a container with a bunch of other crap, don't take but a tweaked bumper and a broken lense to make the difference price wise, he can insure too. I would be guessing a lot of the guys doing cars and parts there are the same as here, your car pays for the shipping cost of the container...... their parts move free.

18. Cool thanks...

Probably gonna bother these guys after X-mas now...
    SWorting out sale of FE Holden and Finances for my friend atm..

THANKS for the help.
    Much Appreciated!

Cheers
    MAIKI [​IMG]