Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shipping a roadster body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kingfishhotrods, Jul 15, 2018.

1. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

Heys
    I'm looking to ship a loose roadster body from Orleans Nebraska to Memphis Does anyone out there any any experience on this. What company did you use. What was the cost. Ballpark. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Shawn

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. nickleone

nickleone

I would suggest a LTL freight shipment.
    Link to YRC rating page. http://tinyurl.com/poemmag
    If there are no loading docks on pickup and delivery end you will need liftgates.
    Is the pick up point or delivery point a residence? Note that on rate request.
    Package the body like this:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/valleybox/sets/72157630991915876/?ytcheck=1&new_session=1
    Make sure you get insurance coverage for the shipment.
    I was in he shipping business for 21+ years and shippedma fewcar bodies

Nick

3. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Jump in a pickup and go get it! That's not a bad drive and you can get a lot in the back of a full sized bed. This is in a 5.5' bed. Saved a ton of money over shipping costs and that included gas, 2 motel rooms and meals for 2. That was Iowa to Connecticut and back. Yours would be a nice trip.

SPark

body11.jpg body13.jpg

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Rent a van or pickup, or call Fastenal, I had a '38 Ford nose shipped from Minnesota to Connecticut for under $250.00 Bob