Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shifter ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bustingear, Jul 22, 2018.

1. bustingear

bustingear

Can anyone tell me original application for this shifter
    Marked HURST Competition Plus #107 C1
    Thanks

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. bustingear

bustingear

3. Deuces

Deuces

Saginaw 4-speed.....????.....

4. redo32

redo32

That's a 3 speed shifter, Hurst units were universal with mounting kits for different applications. Clean it up and see if there are part numbers stamped on the mounting brackets. Somebody around here has an old catalogue. It looks similar to what might fit tri 5 Chevy's. I've got to refresh my memory on the style of mount on the shift arms. OOPS. now I see the reverse lever. Deuces might be right... threw me missing the third rod.

5. Fordors

Fordors

I’m thinking kinda like redo is, but with a twist. It is a Hurst mount, from a Syncro-Loc shifter for a ‘55 and later Chevy three speed. Here’s the twist, the Competition Plus (4 spd) shift gate was pressed into service and somehow linkage was cobbled up to work. Looks like the handle had been changed too.
    Also, the Comp + was from an OEM auto assembly line installation, those came without the stop bolts on the gate.

6. Isn't that shim style shifter handle mount 1970 and newer.

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

GM factory/Hurst 4-speed shifter assembly with a Saginaw (?) mount, and the stick bent up to go in a truck or bench seat car. A collage of parts put to use. We did something similar to install a Muncie 4-speed into my younger brother's 56 Chevrolet 3/4 ton truck. I paid $35.00 for that transmission, with a broken shifter stud, at a local second hand store, right off their truck.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.