Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shift lever removal on a PG trans. HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Nov 10, 2012.

1. My son bought a shifter for his 61 Apache running a PG trans. It came with a new shifter shaft. I have never changed on of these out before. I have, However pulled the shaft on a TH350 to change the seal. Loosen the "rooster comb" loosen the pinch bolt and slide out the shifter arm and shaft. Is it pretty much the same thing? I don't have a nanual on this so I'm kinda shooting from the hip on this. Thanks, Todd

2. Todd, try the LOKAR web site, look up the instructions for a LOKAR P/G shifter, as I know the shifter kit comes with a new shifter arm/shaft. TR

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Same as a turbo pretty much. Hit the"easy" button for this one.:D

5. CJS

CJS

Don't remove any linkage from the trans until you pull the pan and filter and let it drip for a couple of hours. Next take some digital pics of the tv lever and valve positions. There is a spring that will try your patients and a difficult bolt and nut on the tv shaft also. Don't just tear it apart. Pay close attention to the position of everything and the job will work fine first time. There is an "O" ring in the shift lever to seal the tv shaft that you will need to replace also.