Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shelton Drag Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FEDER, Jul 8, 2007.

1. FEDER

FEDER

What a great day We had and a HUGE turnout. Must have been 400 cars .
    Alot of cars from Oregon weve never seen before. The three straight axle cars were all 4 speeds - cool. They ran from mid 13s and up. The red 40 Ford sedan leaving the starting line was a 4 speed. That Guy was dumpin the cluch at 6000 it sounded like and a shiftin MFR it was cool. Lots of injected
    FEDs. a 331 Desoto ran in the 7s at 185-190 mph. The T/F car of Jason Howell couldnt get hooked at all but went completly sidways and saved it.
    The 60 Chev fom BC was a 409 4 spd He broke an axle and went sideways the drivers side rear wheel came off in second gear. A 37 Chev streetrod spunout. Man it was an exciting day. The track was a little slipery in the morning but came around later in the day. FEDSLED drove the Dart to a 10.05 and a 10.07. On the last pass We raced the Van Cleve 427 Fairlane, the
    hood pins werent secured good so the hood raised up over a foot on the pass side so He let off. Oh well next time. The Ford went 9.93 That Fucker is fast. Enjoy the pics - if You missed this You missed out. FEDER

Attached Files:

2. FEDER

FEDER

mORE

Attached Files:

3. FEDER

FEDER

mISSED THIS

Attached Files:

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I knew I should have gone, looks like a great time.

5. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Looked like some good times

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

What a great day! I'm hurtin' from a nasty sunburn, but I did take lots of pics...
    How 'bout that door flying off the '06 Chevy ProMod??? Or the FED that when totally sideways and damn near over!!:eek: I knew I shoulda brought my vid...:)
    The black '40 Ford pickup below is a Hamber's.....and is SUPER nice with a flatty, Weiand intake and heads....

Attached Files:

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

How's this, a polished Cobra......

The Fiat Topolino was wild.....during it's burnout, it shot sparks and something foreign (hot and molten metal) 20-30' in the air....a piece hit my foot....then still ran in the 9's, throwing sparks from the pipes....it RULED!!!!

Check out the Caddy engine in the chopped tudor.....really cool car.:)

Attached Files:

9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

The TWIN Hemi engines of Walt Austin's "Black Jack"......what a SOUND!!!

The Anglia was a HARD runner, lifting it's tires through the 60' mark and not letting off....went straight....

Attached Files:

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Ya want MORE!!! Well O.K......:)

The lil' black Austin was another WILD ride......jerked the tires HARD and went right, came down and bounched back up a few times...driver got it straight and nailed it.....gotta be a fun ride!:D

The T-Bird had a sign saying it was built this way back in '65 or so.....

I took the shot of the Fairlane just for TINGLER........pretty nice car

I saw a few Hambers there....I'm not the real talkative type so never said anything....hahaha!

Saw Superbell, he was driving a FED with a SBC......running really good and straight.....was in the lower 9's....

Attached Files:

11. That Fiat looks nasty! So Feder. That white,Gasser,Ford is yours? Or did you say you raced against it?Now i'm jelous. Gotta be fun drivin it.

12. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I had to do family stuff in Portand today. Driving back I kept seeing trailers with drag cars and knew I'd missed some fun.

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The chute pack dragster rules.

14. FEDER

FEDER

BAD BOB The white Ford isnt Mine it belongs to Jim Gonia. Any old Diehard Ford guys will remember Jim VanCleve. He and His father were famous Ford SuperStock racers from the Northwest. They campaigned a fairlane just like that one in the 60s and 70s. They were on the Ford Drag Team. Jim does the motorwork on this car. Hes a definate FE GERU.
    I own the blue injected 68 Dart. I let My Son FEDSLED Drive it Yesterday.
    Our two cars were the only Nostalgia S/S - A/FX cars invited from Washinton to race the class at the CHRR last year.
    This was a little grudge match between us. JR had Him buy a fender before the hood let loose.
    Thanks for postin xtra pics S/C.
    The little gold digger is Earl Floyds car Hes in His 70s His son Mike drives the car. Thats the 330 Desoto I mentioned above. I believe Earl is an old SLO POK.
    The caddy powered Sedan MARSHALL brought out.
    The topolino is Bradfords car. He actually raced that same car in the 60s and 70s. It has recently ran 211 MPH and thats no transformer car thats a REAL FUEL ALTERED!!. Randy Bradford the son drives it.
    The polished Cobra belongs to Brent who operates the Club Cobra forum.
    And the T Bird belongs to BIG TOM and Yes I have seen that car around for at least 35 yrs. BOB heres the motor in the Dart. FEDER

Attached Files:

15. Joe King

Joe King

Ya it's too bad you city guys a scared to leave the city........

but it's understandable I got yelled at for leaning up against one of local red necks beat up Toyota pickup

Attached Files:

16. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Fed and Josh, thanks for sharing the photos! Lots of cool cars!!! --mika

17. skratch

skratch

there was a car like that when i was growing up(ft.worth Tx).it set for sell forever..my dad said,it was to much work..

18. old beet

old beet

That is Jerry Chin's chopped 34 Tudor with the Cad engine. MARSHALL did a lot of work on it. Look closely at the radiator cap..........OLDBEET

19. FEDER

FEDER

Thought His name was Jelly Chin ?

20. Mike

Mike

Damn! Neat stuff!

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

It was one of my favs......I tend to root for underdogs anyway.....and that lil' DeSoto ran SOOOO good.....the overall look of the car, with it's smaller tires on well aged Kidney Beans really set the mood.....

My camera ran out of memory:( ...otherwise I woulda had much more pics!:D

22. Feder and Fedsled, I stopped by your pit site to say hi. You were chatting with someone and I didn't want to interrupt. I turned around to check out the car next to you and turned back and everyone was gone! LOL. Anyway, it was a blast. I got way too sunburned. I missed your runs, but damn that's quick! Last I saw you run was at the Good Guys event and you were trying to break into the 10s (which you did). Not too far from the 9s now!
    What a great time and great weather. I am so glad they moved the date.
    Mark

23. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I remember that Dart from the CHRR last year. That's one beautiful Mopar you have there.

24. SOLO

SOLO

Those pics were great! I have to try to make this one next year.

25. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

The green 40 Ford - the old Griffith's car belongs to C. Hascall from Oregon was feature/cover car on an early 60's Hot Rod magazine, the car was red with flames at that time, but still is the same basic car, it was also a record holder at Woodburn Dragstrip in the mid 60's. It runs a 4 speed, and it was the first time C. had it out racing. It's been in a couple shows and such since 'found' and mildly restored. Lots of history there.
    The Straight axle shoebox belongs to a young fellow from Oregon as well - first time out for that car as well I think, he has owned it since he was 14 and built it all himself. Very talented young man that has a built a couple cool and hard running model A's as well. Zack is a wizard with a banger.
    The white Fairlane was just built (yep 4 speed) and did well that day from what I hear, also an Oregon car. Missed the event myself but hopefully they will be back up in two weeks for the drags at Goodguys Puyallup. There's also a pretty bitchin' black '40 Chev that runs with them - an old car from the 60's/70's that was just resurrected. Tim :)

26. superbell

superbell

Josh you forgot that ear to ear smile I had on my face.....Rick