Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shell Rotella

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StefanS, Sep 24, 2014.

1. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

I've used regular (usually store brand) 10/30 in my old Jeep CJ and TJ and I'm still using it in my Cherokee and all three have flat tappet cams and not one failure. I just put my second jug of the rotella t in the 235 so we'll see.

2. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Just figured I'd throw an update out there...still using the rotella 15w40 and all is well. I'm just waiting on some decent weather and I'll be using "Right Stuff" gasket maker and sealing my 235 up. For all those trying to decide or those who think it won't work, the Rotella's zinc content must be ok because it's been 7 months and I'm still going strong

3. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

Tech charts, specs, whatever, all I know is I have used Rotella 15w40 for years in everything .50 yr old 327 in my 39 Chevy (avatar), flathead in the 53 , roller 5.0 in my 62 fairlane and 351 c in my 72 Gran Torino, work truck etc. No problems EVER.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. My .02 worth on this topic........had used Rotella 15-40 in my RPU w/327 and took out cam lobes after approx 25,000 mi of relatively easy use, mostly long distance trips........since new cam, have gone to Mobil 1 synethic combined w/ can of GM OES.......now I feel engine is properly protected...........