Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sheet Metal sources in Palm Springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sobastrace, May 11, 2008.

1. Hi guys, I have been all over the valley out here and have not found anyone with a decent supply of sheetmetal. Are there any HAMB'ers out in the Coachella Valley, and if so, where do you get your sheetmetal?

Thanks,

2. Charlie DeLong

Charlie DeLong

Try Scheu Steel on Indian in North Palm Springs. I don't have the exact address, but the phone # is (760) 329-2926

Charlie

3. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

When you say "decent supply of sheet metal", what do you mean? I've been trying to put together a steel metal buy for some of the guys in Washington and there are several places in LA that have decent supplies.

What I've been looking for is 19gage AK (aluminum killed, DQ drawing quality, A620), I can find lots of 1008 CR in 20, 18 and 16 gage.

4. David Totten

David Totten

Fordcrager have you tried Cold Rolled Steel in LA they usually have 19 G AK there min used to be 1500.00

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Do you have a phone number?

6. Thanks Charlie, I will call them in the morning. I am just looking for some 18 and 20 GU Cold Rolled steel.

When I lived in LA I had so many options, and out here, I have trouble finding all the basics...

7. Geez...this has been frustrating. I called Scheu Steel and they do not stock and Cold Rolled, and the thinnest Sheet stock they carry is 16GA. They will custom order 18GA, but I need to buy 5 full sized sheets.

I called A & A Steel, and they do not carry anything below 16GA, and they do not like doing custom orders.

I called Gold Coast Metals, and they said no problem, BUT they are out and will have some 18GA in a few days. Come by and pay. 2 weeks later...sorry we still do not have it, try to check back in next week. I guess I need to go to LA, so I can make the floors for my dodge. What a pain in the ass.

8. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Try Palm Springs welding, there behind the Mercedes dealer on Cherokee. Ask for Mike he used to keep a lot of sheet metal for building dune buggys.