Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sheet Metal - San Anotonio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voh, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Voh

Voh

Is there any place I can get 20ga sheet metal around SA / New Braunfels?

I have called the place at Kelly, but he wants like $20 + cuts to cut the sheets down a bit.

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

cannot help you with a location to buy steel, but i can tell you just about anyplace you go is going to charge you to cut it to your desired size...

a google search comes up with a place called triple s, and another called river city steel

3. Voh

Voh

I don't doubt that. Just thought the 20-setup and whatever cut cost was high. maybe i'm wrong.

4. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Try Westbrook Metals -- basically at the corner of Loop 410 and IH-10 East (actually, off a street that's one intersection north of IH-10 on W.W. White. They have an excellent inventory ... and if you only need a little bit, ask about whether "drops" are available.

If you want large quantities, you should also check out SSS Steel, or Ashley's Salvage on far S. Roosevelt.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

https://www.google.com/search?q=she...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

This might work better, look for the ones that also sell sheetmetal.
    http://www.yellowpages.com/san-antonio-tx/sheet-metal-fabricators

if you can find a fabrication shop that sells their remnants as surplus and usually by the pound you can usually get a fair price with no cut charges.

As Gary Carter said above, ask about rems or drops. Unless you want it cut to size you can get pieces with plenty of metal to do your projects with that way for less.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  6. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Try alamo iron works..

7. Abomb

Abomb

Don't forget about your local "sheetmetal" shop, AKA heating and air places. I don't know if you have them "old school" HVAC places down there, but in my neck of the woods, they have everything from copper to stainless to mild steel, as they'll form anything a customer wants, on top of their regular galvanized duct work...My local guy does alot of fan shrouds, race car interiors and a few sprint car wings, and has been known to hand create a steel shoe or two for motorcycle flattrack racers as well...

8. Voh

Voh

ABomb - I did try them, but no 20ga. I used the link from Mr48Chevy and stumbled across Metals4u. Funny how many times you can google something, and it pops up the next time.

Metals4U worked perfectly, not far from the office and had some pieces instead of a full sheet.

9. bcarlson

bcarlson

Most sheetmetal shops I've bought from will do one cut for free.

--
    http://www.drillist.com - Hot Rod classifieds done right.

10. MP&C

MP&C

What are you using it for? 20 is a bit light for auto sheet metal, most manufacturers used 19ga for the sheet metal, thicker for structural members..

11. Fast Bill

Fast Bill

Try Amsco-Pyndus Steel. They have cold rolled at very reasonable prices.
    1219 N San Jacinto St San Antonio, TX 78207
    (210) 735-9266

BC