Register now to get rid of these ads!

She said YES! Im engaged!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Chris, Oct 31, 2011.

1. 1929modela

1929modela
    BANNED

RUN MY SHORT PECKERED FRIEND!!!! No im kidding. Congrats and u both look real happy.

2. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Congratulations! 30 years later I can honestly say I didn't know what true happiness was until I got married.

sadly then it was too late :eek: :D

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Congratulations to you both. as Scotty noted at some point there may be some tough spots, just like when you are building a car(or in your case truck). I can say after 36 years it is well worth the effort to keep building, it is worth the effort. having a gal who is on board with the working on old iron will help.
    best of all to you and her as you unite to a team

4. Concrats to you both, but you already screwed up when you said
    "Might make her join here and post herself" :eek:

5. Congrats man. welcome to the club.

6. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

congrats.... there is hope still for some of us....!

7. Best wishes to you both.

That was certainly a creative way to pop the question!

8. PureC4

PureC4

Congradulations, many happy years and always keep her as your best friend too.... Luck guy, you got a beautiful lady there.

9. JMD82

JMD82

Congratulations!! Very clever!!

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

Best bit of advice I can give you,...

Marriage is not a 50/50 proposition,... You both have to give 100%

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

11. Congrats! I wish you both the best. I just got Married at the end of June and I'm Lovin it, finding a girl that you are Happy with and that is cool with the this crazy automotive-lifestyle that we live is hard to do. It sounds like you got a keeper. Two pieces of advice that my Dad told me are: "Just remember to take a lil time and focus on her even when things get crazy and hectic" (like when its 3 weeks till Turkey Rod Run and the rod still has a ton of work to be done, Oh wait thats me.), and "Dinner was always Great!" That last one was part of his speech at our reception!

12. very sweet day for yal

13. silent rick

silent rick

who's going to wear the pants in that family? congratulations

14. shadams

shadams

Hell ya dude, thats how you do it!! I had the lamest of all lame proposals and get all butthurt anytime I see something cool like this, my wife deserved a lot better than what I didt, or didnt do. Awesome!!

15. 62cadd

62cadd

welcome to the club

16. Amondsham

Amondsham
    from USA

Happy Halloween and many congratulations on getting engaged. i wish you both a very happily married life. Keep me updated on your car's performance.

17. boutlaw

boutlaw

Congratulations, what a unique way to pop the question. She's a beautiful lady, you married "up" just as I did. It's refreshing to see that some in the younger generation still believe in the sanctity of marriage. I know you believe that you may have married the best mate on the planet, but my wife already holds that position. LOL.
    and, her cooking WILL get better, I promise! (another LOL)

18. Great job Tex ! Gets better with time........

19. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!
    My wife and I are on our 22 year mark and going strong.

The best advice I can give you is this -
    #1 - Family first - there will be another car, remember they made millions of them.
    #2 - When your mouth is closed, you hear better with you ears.

#3 - Can't stress this enough - Be honest and open enough to talk about EVERYTHING together without anyone else around.

#4 - Every married man will agree with me on this one point -
    When the wife is happy, the house is happy !

Many prosporous years for your newest adventure in life !

20. cederholm

cederholm

Congratz! All the best to the both of you.

21. We got engaged and married on Halloween, been thirteen awesome years!!!!

22. cshades

cshades
    from wi

you forgot the leap year days so it is actually 5478 days

23. Congratulations to both of you! Seems like you have a good future ahead of ya both.

24. outlaw256

outlaw256

im happy for the both of you. my wife really did save my life by becoming my wife. i was headed down a path i had already been.she stopped me. showed me so much better ways to live.i would give my life for hers any day of the week.i hope your life together only gets better and better every yr.these days son the odds are against you.but i believe if you truly love each other and you both are willing to fight to keep your marrage going in the right direction you will do just fine.glad to see there are still young guns out there who still believe in marriage.good luck to the both of you. and remember this if your right,your still wrong.lol

25. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Thank you all so much for the congratulations, this was definitely a night to remember. I cant thank everyone enough who helped out with making this surprise go down the way it did. The truck was GIVEN to us by a very good friend of ours as and another friend helped in the making of the plaque on the dash, and another helped in the striping of the plaque as well. So it really means a lot to us.

Thanks for the advice everyone, and I will truly take it all in. In the time we have been together, we have had some ups and downs, and have encountered many different situations and never once has she left my side and I have not left hers. I have found my soul mate and I will not loose her. What more can I ask for, she puts up with my dumb ass, she is beautiful, smart, funny, spunky, she makes the best damn pancakes ever, Betty Crocker is her best friend, she is not afraid to get down and dirty, loves the old iron, and most importantly loves me for me. And I love her for that. I am truly blessed.

Now the story on the truck:
    We had been looking for a truck for her for a while but couldn't find anything in our price range/to our liking so after a while of looking we decided to hold off on it and when the time would come, it would come. I had come a cross a couple of other cars in our price range,(falcons, cutomline, fleetlines) but she would say no because she wanted a truck, and we stayed at that. Fast forward some and a good friend of mine had seen this truck and was interested in it and wanted me to go with him and take a look. We make the 2hr trip to go look at. We inspect the truck negotiate back and forth and we bring it home. Being my friend a car guy/collector I thought nothing of it. Well the truck sits at my house for a while and I had told my friend about wanting to pop the question and had always planned of it using a truck she wanted in some way shape or form but wasnt gona be possible because I had no truck. WELL a few weeks later my ot daily driver brakes down and he helps my father and I to tow my car home. I had class that night so after class I meet up with my family and my friend to have dinner. After dinner, he gives me a ride home and on the way home he hands me the title and gives to to me and explains that this is his engagement present to us and wants me to go through with my plan. So the plan got started.
    I wanted to stripe the dash with "will you marry me?" but decided it wouldn't work due to the fact that when time came for paint, it would get sanded off. So I had to come up with another way to do this... looking at the dash the po had cut out the radio hole on the dash and opened it up for a modern radio and I did not like that. I knew I wouldn't find a delete plate that size so I would have to fill it in and weld it shut. Then it hit me! why don't I make a plate to cover it and stripe that! What better spot than right slack in the center of the dash! So when ever it comes down to paint, we can remove it, paint it, and put it right back on there and if we ever get rid of the truck for whatever reason we can keep the plate! Perfect!!! So I call up another friend and we started on the idea. I didn't want to have the plate painted because what if we decide on a color change of the truck then it wouldn't match. That's where the aluminum came in. So I ran down to lowes and grabbed a small sheet. My freind and i cut it out then polished the shit out of it. Another friend of mine and his father stripped it for us. Came out perfect....

So now for build plans:
    Plans are to keep it low budget.
    It already has camaro clip, 10 bolt, disc brakes up front, and set up for 350/350 combo
    Im gona pull the 350 tranny from my 54 because im going to do a 700r4 swap so in it goes. For engine the same friend that gave us the truck, hooked me up with a complet engine off a 84 vette for it so in it is gona go, but not before a quick one over and few little upgrade(cam, intake headers).
    Haven't decided on paint, that my girls decision, my job is just to make it mechanically sound and drivable for her.

I cant thank everyone who was a part of it enough. Especially the one who gave us the truck!(Thanks Daren!) We are truly blessed in many ways... What a way to end the month and what a way to start a new chapter in the story book of our lives...

And yes that steering wheel has got to go! It is probably going to get replaced by a flaked mooneyes steering wheel...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  26. dad-bud

dad-bud

OK, I was about to have a huge rant about everyone wanting to use this forum to announce their daughter's first poop or to pay tribute to their cat which tragically got squashed on the interstate last night, but you guys have pulled it off by setting your happy event in a suitable pickup, plus, you guys do look really happy.
    ........... and I'm a sucker for the subtle use of Christmas lights on the dashboard.
    By the way, your future wife looks really pretty.
    Good luck you guys. Marriage is great - been very very happy for the past 28 years.

27. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

good luck and congrats, i got 16 more years til i can split from my old lady. lol

28. 94hoghead

94hoghead

29. sololobo

sololobo

Best wishes, really a unique proposal. Give and take, it's not always roses. You guys can do it. ~sololobo~