Register now to get rid of these ads!

She said she was legal . . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fryguy, Aug 9, 2008.

1. fryguy

fryguy

. . .and she finally is. No more late night test drives undercover of darkness like a wwII POW looking for a safe path to the French Resistance. She is now able to aimlessly roam the cobbled streets of Pennsylvania without retribution. No more strained neck syndrome from feverly swinging the neck back and forth like a bobblehead on a meth trip looking for the oft inept Keystone Kops. The Suicide C-dan can proudly display her colors in bright sunshine, registered, inspected and insured. Here are a few pics. She's a '53 Buick Sedan, 263 straight 8, she breathes though an original Edmunds 2 x 2 aluminum intake with holley 94's. She coughs though a true dual exhaust courtesy of a '41-'42 Buick split exhaust manifold. Power is transferred to the rear wheels through the stock Dynaflow. Her smile is courtesy of a 49 Caddy three piece bumper cut and welded to fit with a '55 caddy center bar between the 49 bumper guards of the forementioned bumper. The rear bumper is stock but with a '55 Pontiac rear bumper overider. The rear doors on the car have been suicided to give the car its moniker. Right now she is in two-tone primer until enough scratch is aquired to afford the shine. I still have to add the stock swooping side trim with the lake pipes but plan on leaving the beltine detrimed.
    Right now I just want to enjoy driving her.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. fryguy

fryguy

Here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. fryguy

fryguy

And a few more. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. GRADY

GRADY

I like your sense of humor and your ride man
    I can see a lot of work has gone into her
    glad she is now "officially" legal
    enjoy

5. Bodacious

Bodacious

Dammit, I was hoping for some photos of a scantily-clad, teenage nympho with nice tiggle-bitties..... Congrats anyway. :D

6. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Love the eight!

7. 55X150

55X150

nice car....enjoy the ride

8. 'Mo

'Mo

I love it!
    I'd probably add the rear door pulls at center, to announce the transformation.

9. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dig the 8 ...very cool indeed

10. chevy6694

chevy6694
    from PSL,FL

Love those straight 8, one day ill get around to rebuildin mine and putting it in somthing............Congrats

11. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Oh those exciting late night passionate dates ... now move onto a married life of happily ever after. Glad to see you made a committment to the gal!
    Conrats!

12. oldsman71

oldsman71

as the others,i love the strait 8,really cool car!!!!

13. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

14. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Nice project, will be a lot of fun to drive, I'm sure!

Those were the days.... what mfr today would put "Fireball Dynaflash 8" on their engine!? Now it's "iVTEC SR5"....

15. She may be legal, but her dad is looking for you!

[​IMG]

16. fryguy

fryguy

Thanks all, for the kind words, its greatly appreciated. I have been working on her off an on for 4 years. In that time, I have experienced the birth of my 2 children, survived a flood and the death of two dogs(Never underestimate the companionship of mans best friend). I have so much time and money invested in her that to look back on it, it really throws my mind for a loop to wonder if was all worth it. But as they say its about the love of what you drive and not drive what you love.

I know it has the look of a R-- Rod but that is not what I am going for. The primer is a stage that it needs to be while I do some more body work to get it ready for the paint. Like I mentioned before I have vested lots of cash in getting this car on the road. It was previously a Florida car which you all know does not require state inspection. Everything was done the right way and it takes longer to do things the right way. Actually nothing is modern on this car, I had the original 6V starter and generator rebuilt to 12v specs. New lacquer cloth plug wires with rajah clips. I have a Mallory dual point dizzy that I am going to throw in there next.

I love the sound of the straight 8, especially through the dual smitty's, nothing else like it. Of course the weekest point of the drivetrain is the dynaflow tranny. Its not the best for launching the car and it never will be. Its a slow, steady increase but once she's up to highway speed she floats like a butterfly. Was able to aquire some G78 Bias ply Wide Whites to run on chrome 15 x 6 smoothies that I had Rally America make me. She definitely looks the part.

The interior has been untouched but does need an overhaul. Seats need to be refinished and it could use a new headliner. Other than that, I am glad she is raod worthy. Its time to put some miles on her.

17. fryguy

fryguy

Yes, I think she gets her good looks from her father. He was a very sharp dresser in his day and always had a thing for Doctor's wives ;)

18. nickeynova

nickeynova
    from texas.

thats a good lookin car. i really like the head light trim n the suicide door w shaved handle.

19. cruzr

cruzr

those fireball 8's haul ass..................love it

20. skidsteer

skidsteer

Very, v-e-r-y nice. Where is Coventry? I know there's a Coventryville near Reading, is that you? If so, you really need to bring this ride to the next HAMB and scrapple breakfast.

21. sun down

sun down
    from tx

nice car, enjoy the ride

22. very cool ride man!

23. You know that once you're legal and married, there's no more b/j's?

24. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

HEY fryguy.....glad to see you got the buick on the road....hope to run into you at a car show and see it in person....have fun with it......stan

25. DieGrindersPres

DieGrindersPres

sexy car man... good luck with her

26. fryguy

fryguy

Actually, I live in North Coventry in Chester county. Its right on the border of Berks and Montgomery County, right in the middle of the 422 and rt 100 corridor.

I have a friend who's from Mountaintop. She's a good girl and very car oriented. Seems like a lot of farmland up there. Its right off the turnpike correct?

27. fryguy

fryguy

Stan, thanks. Its definitely been a work in progress to get her on the road. Of course if I would have kept it in my pants and not had to the 2 kids during the process I probably would have gotten done a lot sooner :D

You heading over to the wheels of time show?

28. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

Good work, good car.. and i dig that " someone died in it" interior.. ya know where i can get one like that?

ahh well, keep the shinny side dow...ohh yea.. umm .. drive safe.. and if you can't be safe have fun.

oh and drive it like she stole you.

29. fryguy

fryguy

Yeah, thats definitely has the "body dump" interior, thanks for noticing ;). The rear seat has been pulled and put back in few times during the process of suiciding the rear doors so it has beat look. I haven't touched the interior yet as I wanted to spend the money on getting it running properly and mechanically safe.

30. Bigblock351w

Bigblock351w
    BANNED

you should see the interior of my 46 international, it used to be a coal delivery truck in Wisconsin, its bench seat is still re stuffed with old coal bags , lol , so dont feel bad