Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shane’s 34...choppity chop chop?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Oct 20, 2019.

1. 34Phil

34Phil

I said no when I saw chromed garnish moldings and leather seat. Accept it as an upscale hot rod.

BAILEIGH INC likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Geesh you’d think this wasn’t a hot rod forum.

if you want to chop it chop it! What’s the point of saving up for a nice rust free car so you don’t have to spend three years restoring it before you hot rod it if your going to say only chop rusty cars.

next one I build will start with a nice older restoration and I’m sure as shit cutting it.

loudbang likes this.
  3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_0456.JPG

Here’s two of my favorite girls

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

kidcampbell71, pprather, rod1 and 5 others like this.
  4. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the next 10-20 years there are going to be a LOT of unchopped restored cars come up for sale as current owners pass away etc so no need to save this one. Of all Henry's coupes I still think the Model 40s are the best looking and look even better with a heavy chop. Having said that it appears to be in REALLY nice condition and looks a LOT better with that wheel swap so maybe leave it alone and find a ratty body and cut that up :)

5. Crocodile

Crocodile

For what it's worth, I never got the 49-51 Merc bug until seeing an unchopped custom Merc in Florida. I now have an original, solid, but rough 49 that will stay unchopped. I am planning to go to an auction that has a nasty 51 coupe with the plan of making it mine. That will get a chop.
    Basically, I think that if it's a nice body, it deserves some respect. If it's rough one, then it is a service to the world to save it, and to hell what the purists say. Kind of like you should think of a virtuous girl vs. a whore...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a Great Shot Shane!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I like chopped cars but there is nothing wrong with this car.

[​IMG]

8. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I may have to retract my previous statement. That little car looks pretty damn good just as it sits. My advise is to keep her as is and build another one without fenders and a nice heavy chop.

-Abone.