Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shakedown run today in my 30 coupe project

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by fordf1trucknut, Sep 17, 2016.

1. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Do you play as well?

My kit is a blue oyster 65 ludwig kit.

2. I tried drums but my brother was the drummer I went to guitar... Easier to pack and carry when I went into the military.

But I did love his Krupa Slingerland pedal.

fordf1trucknut likes this.
  3. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Like what you have done, Did you build your exhaust?

4. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

No a friend gave those to me. He built them for his car but went a different route.. So I modified them to fit my car.... I want to build a bit nicer set so I ordered up some flanges to make a new set.

5. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

right now the car is all torn apart (I had enough of its blowby).... The block is at the machine shop and I am broke from ordering all the parts to build up the motor!!!.

1109161421a.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    dwollam, Tim and rjones35 like this.
  6. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I redid the tranny....new syncros and new bearings as needed... Suprisingly this tranny was in pretty nice shape when I opened it up.

1110161441.jpg

I also got a lot more done on,the car before I tore the motor back out.... Can't wait to get the block back so I can put it all back together.

Going 0.060 over, 4 inch stroke ross forged pistons, isky max 1 cam. All new valvetrain. And am planning to run a pair of old high compression weiand heads

7. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Here is the last shot of it running that a friend took... It started smoking pretty bad on the drive home to I tore it apart while still hot!!
    15000244_644904615670920_5172677215108397743_o.jpg

crozch, dwollam, Speed~On and 4 others like this.
  8. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man I love it. When I think of hotroding when I was growing up, when the ideas where being formed in my head as to what is what. This whole thing is what I think of.

Great job I look forward to seeing more :)

9. I like the f-1 steering wheel. At least I'm pretty sure it's an f-1:D

10. 56shoebox

56shoebox

What's wrong with that photo of the car w/o it's motor? The car is sitting outside the garage and from what I can see the garage has turned into a giant storage shed. What the hey brohem! Call Mike Wolf and Frank Fritz and sell all that crap in the garage.

crozch likes this.
  11. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Ha ha... Yeah I was given a bunch of bags full of rags and put them (something I go though often) all behind the 68 bronco project on top of the snowblower (which I also just drug to the front of the garage in prep for winter). I need to tidy up but haven't had time to.

My 42 ford gpw and the bronxo are the current garage residents so the hotrod has to be parked and worked on outside. I garage some of my other cars and trucks elsewhere but am out of room!!

And yes f1 wheel and column

12. mohead1

mohead1

Wow.....them other guys were rite....u threw the wizard stick to it....looks real good. I got one meself, and its a hoot to tool around in

13. dwollam

dwollam

Incredible change on the body! Keep up the good work!

Dave

14. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

1122161445.jpg

Getting closer to being back on the road.....

1122161123_Burst01.jpg

Jeff34, dwollam and Tim like this.
  15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Heck yeah!

16. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

If you haven't bought the cam yet, don't be afraid to go for more with a light car like that

17. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I already got the max 1 cam.....I was really tempted to go with the 400jr but wasn't sure if the heads I am planning to use could handle the extra lift.

KIMG1115.JPG

dwollam likes this.
  18. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

The shop hasn't gotten around to replacing the valveseats yet so I am Still waiting to get it back.... In the mean time I made an ebrake mount and installed a ebrake handel... Cables came in as well. On a warmer day I will install them. 1222161618.jpg

dwollam and Tim like this.
  19. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Man, that car looks awesome! I'll tell you what, once the engine is back in it, I'd be way too busy driving and enjoying the hell out of it to worry about any paint work, that thing is bitchin just as it sits!

20. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Cool car, and even cooler music! I'm listening as I type. Your lead singer has a great voice, and the whole band is tight. Your sound reminds me of some of Slackstring's stuff.

Is that your voice at the beginning of Mundane Things?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  21. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Thankyou very much!!!!! Yup that is me on the beginning of the track. And my 7 year old daughter doing the backup in the chorus....I am starting her young. Hopefully she ends up a better musician than me. She came to our last gig and played rythem guitar and sang on a few tunes

dwollam and CowboyTed like this.
  22. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Now I need to go back and listen again for your daughter! She's a cutie! This world needs more cute girls driving and wrenching on their own hot rods.

Edit: As backup singing parts go, that's an appropriate part for seven-year-old. It made me grin as I listened! She's a natural!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  23. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Wow, I sure love your car....I would be smiling so big driving that around! Best to you man!

24. Liking what you've done so far.

25. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

that is magic... love the before and after pix... looks like a flattie rebuild is in the picture... but a smoking flattie kinda puts a smile onto the faces of those who remember those SAPHIRE II days...

26. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Is was smoking real bad......that is the reason I had to tear into the motor.....plus I really wanted to hop it up a bit and replace the worn syncros.

27. It's a Christmas miracle- it looks great- love the wheels-

28. PRB

PRB
    from Az

Very sweet ride as is....fun seeing your daughter get involved...she looks like quite a 'hand'....

29. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Figured I would put the cables on today after the kids opened there presents since it was nice out....

What I pain, literally.

The drivers hub wouldn't free up.... I broke the puller and busted myself in the face with a 3/4 inch wrench at the same time (haven't done that since I was a teenager...I am an idiot) ..... So had to weld the puller back up before trying again, used heat on the hub and gave it a few whacks and the hub finally poped free. So the cables are on and it has a working e-brake now.

30. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Engine is back from the machine shop and a am am working away at getting it together to put in the car...

0113171356a.jpg

0114171104_Burst01.jpg

hendelec likes this.