Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shadow rods and MCF Flattie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gooseta2, Jan 5, 2008.

1. gooseta2

gooseta2

Thought i'd give ya the downlow on what going on the the motor...I work with maky kirby everday on this motor and know it well....We should be all wraped up with our test motors by spring.....We have then in test cars right now and are pulling them in and out ever so many miles checking them putting them back in..puttin miles on them......they sould be offered to the public by mid to late summer....Mark just statred the list of the first customers to recieve tem on the 1st of jan....I'll keep ya posted of the details and get some more pics up before we leave for Pomona..Also a pic of the sr 392 which features one of our XL 27 bodies....doing a few things to it before we take it to GNRS..

goose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. gooseta2

gooseta2

3. Retrorod

Retrorod

I'd pull that Chevy motor out of my '35 in a heartbeat (sic) if I could get one of those motors!

4. flatheadjohn

flatheadjohn
    BANNED

Yeah just rub it in! Thanks a lot!!!!!!

5. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

how much are they going to be?

6. gooseta2

gooseta2

They are going to be about $10,000 to 12,000 we have yet to narrow it down.. us dollars....for a long block......all you add is the induction system....They are 339 cubic in.

7. racer5c

racer5c

The thought AND workmanship put into these blocks is second to none, when I was looking at one at the INDY trade show the quality was every bit as good as any Rodeck or Donovan block I had ever seen. someday I will have one.

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

wow.
    one question..
    With the pressed in guides and all, what sort of tool have you invented to assemble the springs and collets on the valves? i guess the tappets are put in from underneath before the cam goes in? gotta be tricky to assemble it yeh?

9. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

A few of us are wondering how the 32 chassis you are about to repop is coming along.

for thos that are unaware - its a u-weld UPS-shippable 32 chassis, like the ones previously produced by "precission underbody

10. gooseta2

gooseta2

We pretty much had to design all the tooling for assembly.. for doing the guides, seats, sleeves,etc...right now mark and I are going throught the manufacture process..outlineing the steps...so that we can get the best possible price to the customer.........as for the 32 frames....they are done and ready to go....just call ashley....they are 2 piece UPS or we can jig them up and ship them truck freight.....we have a ton of products coming out this summer...heads,intakes,trans adapters and merc clutch forks.....and a whole new i-beam suspension that is the lowest the industry has ever seen.....

goose