Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shades of the Past

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kennedy, Sep 5, 2005.

1. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Anyone coming to Shades of the Past this weekend? We're goinThursday just as soon as i get out of school,and get loaded up. Don't know what i'll be in eithter a green 34 5 window or a green 46 conv ,but i'll be their Harrison will prob be with me too. So anyone coming?

2. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

I'll be headin that way early Fri. mornin. I hope to be drivin the '46 pickup.
    I hear the weather is gonna be nice. I hope so anyway.
    Later
    Count

3. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Yea the weather is suppost to be real nice think the high is suppost to be 90 and the low is around 66. Just right for crusin!

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My folks will be there in their black and silver '56 Olds. Stop and introduce yourselves to them. They enjoy meeting my HAMB friends. When you walk up to Dad, ask him if he's "Denise's Dad":D The folks are staying at the Music Road Hotel.

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. After two years of buildin', you bet I'll be there!!!

Can't wait!

JH

6. muffman58

muffman58

Beautful car your folks have Denise,I love it.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

7. Mrs. HRP and I will be there in the roadster :D ,,,,,if ya see us stop by say hello,,HRP

Attached Files:

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  8. Enjoy the traffic JAM - just don't get caught between Gatlinburg and P.F. on that highway. I spent 4 hours getting back to our hotel from gatlinburg. IT SUCKED.

9. That Olds is awesome, real classy

10. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

i still love that Olds Denise,
    i followed some of the buld on detroit speed's website.
    nicely engineered vehicle!

11. the-rodster

the-rodster

I'll be there.

Since I sold my '34, and the '28 isn't finished, I'll be riding
    with a friend.

We'll be in a blue '48 Ford Texaco service truck.

I'd like to meet some of you guys, Kennedy, Harrison, Ratster, etc.

Yell at us! We'll give ya a free beer!

Attached Files:

12. Rodster,

Your buddy stayed at the same hotel we did at Louisville. I didn't talk to him but that truck was right under our window. Neat ride.

I'll be in the RPU.

JH

Attached Files:

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Harrison- your RPU looks great! I'm the girl that was in the tradional t bucket that talked to you at that church car show. Those headlights look sick! I'm not sure if we'll make it down to Shades...you never know where the t bucket will take off to! Have fun...Chevy

14. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

I was the 16 year old kid with Harrison at the church that night.

15. ratrod0

ratrod0

i'll be there driving in from atlanta wed. after work i'll be driving a 1935 ford vic,my dad in his 32 five window, brother in dad's 48 truck where does the hamb crowd met at and what night. does anybody have stickers.

16. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

not gonna make it but, good luck to ya'll on winning my old 63 riviera. it is one of the giveaway cars. i should have kept it. its a cool car. let us know how it goes.

17. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Reckon i'll be in my 34.

18. "ChevyGirlRox" - That's the understatement of the year. It was good to talk to you in Louisville. A "hot rod girl" who knows what she's talking about and has no attitude is hard to find.

I'll be in the RPU all weekend. We're staying at the Hampton Inn just north of where you go into the show site. It is across the strip from the Alabama theatre. Should have a hand full of traditional (but non HAMB member) cars there in the evenings.

JH

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Weather Channel says ...

Great weather ahead...... :)

20. ratster

ratster

I'll be there Friday morning. Look for me hanging out with all the Greazy junk.

21. wild32hotrod

wild32hotrod

Harrison are you really go to be driving in this year? really glad you got the rpu on the road. now lets see if you can keep up with the greazys HA! HA!

22. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

I'll be there if something doesn't rip, wravel or come unglued. Be in the old Anglia. Had hoped to have the '47 on the road by now but having to re do the engine and my Father's illness have slowed me down on it. Oh well maybe next year...

Attached Files:

23. You don't really "drive" the RPU. It's a lot more like hangin' on. :eek:

If it don't throw me between Knoxville & Pigeon Forge, I'll be there.

JH

24. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

if its possible, could someone take some pics of the 63 riviera give a way car? i'd love to see it. i wish i could make it down there. that car was mine at one time and i know alloway is gonna make it look right. thanks.

25. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Well, I spoke too soon. I went up yesterday for a couple hours and when I got back a heater hose fitting in the intake manifold was seeping a little. When I tried to tighten the hose the fitting broke. Of course it was under the A/C compressor.
    I got the compressor off last nite, I've got to get the old fitting out and try to find another to replace it today. I may make it tomorrow. Sometimes I think this hobby is Aversion Therapy...

26. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Ill be looking for you and Harrison Thursday at our usual spot on the hill.

27. Just realized this thread is 9 years old!!:eek:.............Anyway since we're on it, hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable time in Tennessee. If you see any of my Maryland peeps tell them hey from lothiandon.:D

28. We will be arriving Wednesday afternoon,staying at the Valley Forge Inn our usual,Barry & Brenda can't wait to see you both.I will be picking a Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup pick Friday.

Attached Files:

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

ain't gonna make it this year,..el camino, is broke, and work calls. but I will be at the rumble.....and honest charleys.................... iHOPE

30. This will be the first year we have missed since it started. HRP