Register now to get rid of these ads!

SFVISBF full day of racing. come one come all

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rev106, Oct 25, 2008.

1. rev106

rev106

2. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Awesome! Glad to see you're back at it! And on the 'Discovery Channel' too?!

You're in the Big League now!

3. rev106

rev106

The big league? Ha..yeah..we've been racing all along. Thanks.

4. I'll try my best to be there!!!!

5. rev106

rev106

Best you do, after this we go back to being a secret socieity. Having the road blocked off is the only way we can have spectators and have it safe.

6. DoubleUc

DoubleUc
    from IL

so do you guys normally have the road blocked off...i always thought that you just showed up early in morning on weekends and just went for it. I really like all the vids you guys post and it looks like a blast and half! I'm real sorry for the loss you guys suffered not that long ago but it makes you realize the speeds and the danger you guys take. Keep rolling with gravity, it wins in the end. any idea when they are going to air it on TV?

7. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

9am.. now that's more like it.

I'll be there.

8. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"I'm real sorry for the loss you guys suffered not that long ago but it makes you realize the speeds and the danger you guys take. Keep rolling with gravity, it wins in the end".

I was thinking this very same thing when the accident happened, and I was wondering what kind of 'heat' the SFVISBF would suffer.

But then I thought of all the little league baseball players around the country who are killed or seriously injured form a bad pitch to the head, or a wild bat. Not to mention all the other 'organized' sports activities kids and young adults engage in that can and do, kill and injure. All these kinds of things are just inherently dangerous to some degree, and while tragic, It's an accepted risk of 'playing the game'.

So, I guess my point is, these races should be allowed to continue and be included in the hundreds of activities that millions of Americans, freely engage in everyday.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Oh.......I think I made a funny.

9. rev106

rev106

no we don't we show up early and run the hill before most people are out of bed. The show is going to be called "the adventure guy" I don't know when it will be on, hell I don't even have a tv, nor do I care. They were able to pay to get a hill blocked for our use and that is where my interest lays. I've hated have to not get people to come watch but it was too much to try and control, this way ate least you can see us do our thing.

10. A-Wall

A-Wall

holy crap, you guys are on here! I've been watching the videos for a while now, hell I just showed some to my buddy last weekend! Great editing on the vids BTW!

11. rev106

rev106

man...where have you been all this time? check jalopy journal for an interview.

12. Okay...i've got the map! now how far up the hill will you guys be? North of the 60,north of the 10, or north of the 210? HELP!!!!

13. rev106

rev106

This event was cancelled. They took all our money and denied the permit at the last minute. Sorry to get your hopes up.

14. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"They took all our money and denied the permit at the last minute".

It's a conspiracy!:eek: