Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SF Bay area truck gathering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stude_trucks, Feb 17, 2011.

1. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

I have 1951 F1 i could bring . And i can let my friends know.

2. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I see your point about keeping it small. I like the small gatherings too. Just might drive my roadster if I get the bugs out of the new engine in time.

3. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

4. lazyv8

lazyv8

How about a run up MT. Diablo on a nice Saturday??? Or Sunday.. bring your own lunch and stop at one of the many picnic areas on the way up??

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Locke does look cool. Never knew about that place. Might be a bit too far for my propane range, but I can always load some spare tanks I guess. Looking on Google maps, I don't see any good gathering places there though. Maybe across the road at what looks to be parking for the boat docks or something?

Mt. Diablo sounds like a cool option too. I like the idea of a bit of a joint drive of some sort and maybe just bringing food to keep that part of it simple.

6. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Locke never really has a big crowd...the street is cool, and there is also a large parking lot behind the main drag...actually there is only one drag!

7. lazyv8

lazyv8

MT.Diablo!!!! Call it the devil mountain truck run!

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Brandon, I'm hearing ya. If so, any places specifically where we could gather at? I like the driving part. Bringing our own food, grilling out is cool. But might also be cool to hit up and take over some off the beaten path, back roads food joint too on the drive or at the end. Trucks and some serious tasty burgers or BBQ seem to be about right together.

9. lazyv8

lazyv8

We could meet in the morning at a encina shopping center on ygnacio Blvd. Near the walnut creek entrance..huge parking lot..then make a nice trek around the area and head up the mountain for lunch at one of the many picnic areas..then head to the summit for a killer view of the bay area and back down to a destination on the danville side of the mountain ...would be perfect..

10. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

yeah that would be cool to do. the danville side is really pretty drive down too

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Kind of leaning towards the Mt. Diablo idea or something similar and thinking maybe the last weekend in April, 30/1 or the next weekend in Mat 7/8. Sat. is probably a better day, but I am open either day of the weekends. Can people interested respond with yes or no on the dates first off and then we can narrow down and figure out an actual location/run.

12. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I should be good for May,7. I know the last weekend in april is no good,I will talk with the wife tommorow night when I get home to get a for sure. I like the MT. Diablo thing too,I was over in the area this afternoon and it was calling to me......

13. Nice of you to dream this up. Subscribing!

My little champ and I would love to make a tailgate run up Diablo.

Subscribing. Either Saturday is probably ok with me as long as I plan it a few weeks out. You thinking morning or afternoon?

Attached Files:

14. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

15. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I'm thinking it involves bringing some food for a lunchtime thing. So probably middle of the day. Meet up late morning, drive for a bit to a good spot to park and hang out for a while and eat our lunches. Could do some grilling and some potluck too if possible.

16. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

BTT. What do you other guys think on this? Anybody else can/can't make it on either of those weekends that would like to join us?

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

18. lazyv8

lazyv8

im exited!! hopefully we can make this run up the devils mountain!!

19. dt50chev

dt50chev

I am all for it.

20. Oppy

Oppy

I'm good with the dates we are talking about, the only thing to stop me would be work, in this economy I can't turn any thing down. Although the chances of work on a Sat., are slim to none. I have never been where we are talking about going, so it makes the adventure even more enjoyable for me. I am also good with every one bringing there own lunch, or BBQ, or what ever. It's all about the ride and letting the old trucks get to gather any way, isn't it?

21. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

You've got my interest too... cool idea! I'm subscribing, and hopefully my schedule will sync with the finalized event. Thanks for the effort.

22. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I'm leaning towards calling it Sat. May 7th. Is that ok with everyone who wants to join us? Anyone who wants to that can't that day? Thinking maybe meet up around 9 - 10 and then take a drive up to a good spot to park and then just hang out and enjoy the day and some food and head out mid afternoon or so.

Would be nice to figure out the spot to park before hand verses winging it. That way if someone needs to be a bit later getting started, they can just meet us there.

If someone knows the area well, maybe they know of a good spot. Otherwise, I can go scope it out in the near future and figure something out.

Anyway, that is the plan for now. Who's in?

Maybe shoot me a PM with your e-mail addresses and I will keep a list to e-mail from here out so the specific communication is more direct and nobody forgets to check this and gets left out.

Should be fun. Looking forward to it.

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

24. lazyv8

lazyv8

give me a call mike and we'll go up together and do some scopeage..

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Sounds good Brandon, will do.

26. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Here is a link to the Mt Diablo Map...

http://mappery.com/map-of/Mt-Diablo-State-Park-Map

We could meet at the Blackhawk Plaza in Danville then head out and enter thru the South gate. Shoot on up the Devil and stop at the Livermore Valley Overlook as a re-group area...pretty bitchen views from there. Then continue up to the Summit and take a look around, shoot the breeze, and then back down to the Diablo Valley Overlook for lunch....again great views. Maybe on the way back down we go out the North gate thru Walnut Creek and hit up Mr Lucky's for a final Cocktail.

Attached Files:

27. Man I sure do miss cruising crow canyon and Niles canyon rd. and redwood road. Haven`t been down there in 23 years. Can you still travel these roads?Pete.

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

That sounds like it could be a workable plan. Maybe Brandon and I can scope it out to verify or alts. if better.

Brandon, looks like crap weather for the foreseeable near future. Maybe shoot for next week to do some scouting? Does that work for you? I'll shoot you a PM with my phone number and we can discuss.

29. deflaytedwayz

deflaytedwayz

Everything sounds cool but might get a bigger turnout on a different day than on the same day as the all truck show on May 7th.

30. jmdc

jmdc

I don't have a truck just yet but really looking for one. Can I still join in for the fun?

-Justin