Register now to get rid of these ads!

setting up carters for a poly 318

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mosquito13, Aug 21, 2010.

1. mosquito13

mosquito13
    from sarasota

got other projects in the fire , but thought i could start rebuilding , setting up a pair of carter 500cfm afb's for my poly 318. they will be sitting on a stock intake , engine is stock( cam upgrade sometime in the future) . has 3" exhaust and soon tti headers(one of the projects in the works). so here is the ???'s . what the best brand rebuild kit to get? what brand intake gaskets? what springs should i order? what jets? and which metering rods? also wandering if i will need to install a electric fuel pump and reg. ? the mechanical is feeding a edelbrock 750 right now. what is that carb on a weiland intake selling for these days? what is a like new edelbrock c26 dual intake for a chev. small block sell for? think that's all i got for now. oh the carters are sitting on the chevy intake.

Attached Files:

2. Abomination

Abomination

3. mosquito13

mosquito13
    from sarasota

thanks for the link. guy was first rate. gave me good advise instead of selling me something i didn't need. will definitely use them/him in the future.

4. Abomination

Abomination

Anytime, man! :)

That guy DOES rock, doesn't he?

~Jason