Register now to get rid of these ads!

Setting up a Model A like this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by louder50, Dec 23, 2012.

1. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

Can anybody help me out with a recipe to get my 28 Tudor to sit like this 29 Tudor? Can anybody guess the wheel and tire sizes, etc to get me close to the same stance? I have a bone stock 28 Tudor body and purchased a Brookville bracketed A frame. That's as far as I have gotten.

Attached Files:

2. sskustoms

sskustoms

Those look like 15 inch wheels but if you are running 16s. Tire size that works well are 700x16 rear and 475/16 front in bias ply . If not channeled a 4 inch kick up in back and a 4 inch drop axel in front reverse eye spring and 2 leafs removed will get you close to that look ,,hope this helps

3. Moedog07

Moedog07

Any more pic's of that "A"? That's B-A.

4. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

The frame I bought from Brookville has the 2 inch kick up in the rear. I have not purchased any wheels yet. As far as tires I want to run radials with big whitewalls, probably Diamondbacks. I figured on a 4 inch drop axle in front and my frame is set up for 4 bars front and rear so I's kinda stuck with coilovers out back but it should ride nice.

5. louder50

louder50
    from Michigan

I wish I had more pics! Somebody posted it on the 70 page thread "show your favorite model A" thread and I went damn.......that's exactly how I want my 28 to sit. Soooooooooo sweet! I am going to shoot satin black as well on mine. I'm just finishing up my first paint job and I am so sick of wet sanding and buffing I could push it down the street onto the railroad tracks!!! it's ok though, it's only a 84 Chevy truck;) Good one to learn on.

6. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

They look alot like the B.F Goodrich silvertowns, I know they are not silvertowns, but I think they would give you about the same look you want. the wheels look like 15 X 8 reversed on the back and 15 X 6 on the front. tires look like 255/70/15 and 165R15's on the front. You can get that stance with adjustable coilovers on the back and a 4 inch dropped Axle with a 1056L pete and jakes front spring. In my personal opinion, When you slam a full fendered 28/29 model A down like that, I think the front axle should be moved forward 1/2 inch, making your total wheelbase 104" instead of 103.5 It just Fits the radius of the fender better. hope this helps

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't think those are 16's, but rather 15's. My guess is that the rears are something like L78 x 15 and the fronts are 5.60 x 15. Here is a picture of mine for comparison.

Don

[​IMG]

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

That is pretty bad ass :cool:

9. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

don are those radials? and real wide whites? what brand?

10. brandon

brandon

Do a search for coop666 tudor

11. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

This guy "nailed it" in the first post.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

No, they are bias plies. Small ones are US Royal and rear are Coker Classics. Yes, true whitewalls.

Don