Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Setting & rotting estate auction.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old wolf, Nov 8, 2019.

1. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

You are so right, 1967 seems so very long ago. I have enjoyed your posts, very interesting.

Boneyard51 and Old wolf like this.
  2. My eldest son is a park ranger and used to keep snakes in the nature center. He had all kinds rattlesnakes, copperheads and cottonmouth as well as the non poison ones. Him and I suspect that there is a huge timber rattler nearby. Those wood rats get huge. too big for a black snake to tackle. When a black snake tried to constrict a big rat it would bite and scratch the snake causing infection and probably death.a timber rattler would strike it wait until its dead and then swallow it,. no chance of being bit by a rat. There was plenty of rats nest. However no sign of fresh material or turds. Leads us to think a timber rattler cleaned them out. The leather interior of the T bird and inside is free of rat evidence. However I did find that shedded snake skin inside. Im not scared of snakes. Snakes are something I know a great deal about. There sluggish when cold. However a Rattle snake can strike in the blink of an eye. and if you get bit your looking at a long painful recovery and a 100 grand in hospital bills.

Bmac40Ply, Boneyard51 and nochop like this.
  3. Yes your suggestion is about what I was thinking. If nothing else I could install that door with the round window on the Out House! I will try to cut along the body seams as much as possible. My youngest son has offered to spend his days off helping me. With him helping we could load by hand a piece that weighed 200 pounds easy.

Boneyard51 and Squablow like this.
  4. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I do know that snakes do more good than bad, I actually like looking at the in books videos and behind glass, see one loose, I’m outta here...

5. One day I came by the house in the middle of a run. parked the Peterbuilt alongside the road let it idle and went in to get a bite to eat. It had been cold the night before. and I had pulled into a overgrown place that was a gas station many years ago and got in the sleeper a few hours. Any road when I came out there was a little pigmy rattler in the driveway. mad and striking. I mad a shadow over him and he coiled up. I shouted to my wife to bring the grabby tool and a jar. Debbie came out and seen the snake and exclaimed its a Hog Nose snake. and reached down to pick it up. I stopped her and put it in the jar. Gave it to my Boy and he had it for years in the nature center. They are indeed a beautiful snake.

Boneyard51 and nochop like this.
  6. Fordors

Fordors

Beautiful and snake in the same sentence???
    My wife would disagree @Old wolf, when she sees a snake she swears like a sailor and then cries uncontrollably. Her only phobia is snakes.

Old wolf, Boneyard51 and nochop like this.
  7. Squablow

Squablow

Snakes scare the crap out of me, but I've done a lot of dumb/gross stuff in order to save old car shit so I get it. If the jamb is still in that camper door, you might just cut out all around it, then it can be retrofitted into a spot where a door never was in another camper. I bet someone would pay $300 just for the door with the jamb.

Boneyard51 and Old wolf like this.
  8. yes I wil try to save the jamb. It will be much easier to install on the outhouse that way.

Boneyard51 and nochop like this.
  9. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Old Wolf your 428 looks good, I think you scored a good one. But on another subject we again are on the same page. I like snakes, or at least don’t hate them , like some folks. I passed that on down to my younger friends and family. If you have ever cornered a bull, chicken, black or what ever they are known as in any peticular area. It’s quite a treat. They are not poisonous, and when cornered they will coil up and start striking at you, they will spread their neck like a cobra and wiggle their tail against something to sound like a rattle snake! Nature at its best!

Bones

Old wolf and arkiehotrods like this.
  10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Snakes eat mice and rats, even squirrels. I like snakes. I don't like rodents.

Old wolf and Boneyard51 like this.
  11. bchctybob

bchctybob

As a former vintage trailer owner myself I agree with the fellows above that you should salvage any parts or areas of that old trailer that you can.
    Good score on that 428. FEs used to be a dime a dozen but they sure have dried up lately. Don't you have a '55 Ford in your menagerie? That's a match made in heaven.
    As for the critters, we have the occasional diamondback rattler out here but as Arkiehotrods said I'd rather have the snakes than the rodents, those little bastards chew on everything and here in the southwest they can have Hantavirus. The snakes avoid humans for the most part, the mice are always trying to move in with us.

Old wolf likes this.
  12. [​IMG] Well the one I bought I will do my best to take it apart in as big of pieces as possible. I might get the Title. The woman in charge called and stated she found a box full of titles. We located the serial number on the power wagon. Its fron the first year of production. The 846 one built in 46. He is still happy with his purchase. He is coming along a dozen of the vehicles in the Hoard are his.[​IMG]

13. Back when my children where small I caught a little green snake and brought it inside the house to show the boys. We put it in a gallon jar for a time. One day my wife got it out and placed it in a hanging plant in the living room. and it stayed there the rest of the summer and thru the winter. the next spring one day it was gone. We taught our children about snakes and how to identify them. and they where never scared of snakes. We will do the same with the Grandsons. I very rarely kill a snake. I try to catch and relocate the poison ones. If I see a king snake I try to catch it and bring it home and let it loose. I hate rodents. I have a theory about what killed the dinosaurs. We still have dinosaurs ,Alligators ,crocks, snakes, turtles ect. and those reptiles all will eat rodents. The ones remaining live in or near water and hide or stay and protect their eggs. I think the event of the rodent killed the land dinosaurs. Those Rodents ate the eggs of the smaller plant eaters. and with no young the older ones eventually died and the meat eaters starved. and the Rodents also brought parasites to the dinosaurs. And yes I have a 55 ford. I was thinking about installing a 62 -390 T bird mill I have in it. I don't have a standard flywheel for a 428. and have plenty for 390,s and I want to keep it stick shift.