Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sentimental value,labor value, and other factors you consider when selling

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dallasdrifter, May 8, 2011.

1. dallasdrifter

dallasdrifter
    from dallas tx

Just lowered the front 3-4" inches. I learned that 2 coils is too much drop. Needs an alignment now.

2. swissmike

swissmike

The only thing I consider when selling something is what I think I can get for it and whether it needs to move quickly or not. Buyers don't care if it's the car that you first made out in with your girlfriend...unless the seats are still sticky.

3. Not really trying to start shit but that's gotta be the snobbiest statement i've read in two years on the HAMB.. If you don't love your old cars what's the point?

4. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Wow, I must have touched something there. I love my wife ,I love my children. If they were in danger I would climb into a burning building knowing I could not survive just to have a chance to save them. I would not do that with my cars. If my children were to need a heart transplant I would glady give them mine. I would not do that for my car, Does that explain it better? I have seen so many couples break up because of stupid stuff, and a car (hot rod ) addiction is one of them. I know people who take household money and buy crap for their car and their kids wear second hand shoes to school. Thats what I mean about not falling in love with your car.
    They are fun to own ,I enjoy the hell out of them ,but they do not rule my life. This perspective has allowed me to buy low ,sell high and I will tell you I make money with my cars.I have a seperate bank account for the hot rods and it is large enough after 45 years I can buy almost any car out there.
    I will not put my loved ones thru any greif because of my addiction to loud noisy metal objects. Hope I have put this in perspective for you and I hope you under stand my snobby post.Don't let you Hobby run your life .

5. No one cares how much labor or how much you love a car. its just a matter of what it is worth.

I just price things for what I think they will bring and go on with life.