Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Sensational Vehicles

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by bobwop, May 16, 2014.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Jefferson

State: Wisconsin
    Price: very fair
    1963 Chevy Impala 409/4 speed convertible $62,995

This Palomar Red Poly convertible is in fantastic condition. It has been completely restored.

It is equipped with a dual-quad 425HP 409 and B-W T-10 four speed. It has power steering and top. The dash is padded. It has dual outside mirrors and dual antennas. There is a correct tachometer and pushbutton AM radio.

The mileage is 64,xxx and it sure looks like this is correct. The car has been restored with minimal mileage since.

The current wheelcovers are SS, but we have the correct 63 Impala caps in the trunk.

The tires are radials. They make for great driving. This car is ready to enjoy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1956 Chevy Cameo Pickup $ SOLD

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    GonzoMN and joes bakery like this.
  3. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1939 Ford Standard Hotrod Coupe $ 36,995

This car was built and enjoyed by a retired engineer. His modifications are well-conceived and diagrammed. I have a two inch thick folder of drawings, calculations, parts numbers and notes. The performance is even more impressive than his conception.

He started with a stock, never rusted Texas car. He tore it apart. He wanted a hotrod capable of competing with freeway traffic. It took him some time, but that is exactly what he achieved.

The heart is the 275 cubic inch flathead that he had built. Not only does it have grunt, but it is very efficient and produces tremendous power. It was right at 200HP on the chassis dyno when the improperly adjusted clutch began to slip. I have driven it enough to say that 200HP is a conservative number.

He designed, built and installed an electronically controlled Hilborn injection system. The cam is a special grind by Schneider. The heads are by Offenhauser and have adjustable lifters. The ignition is guided by a crank trigger and coil packs. There are headers leading to Smitty mufflers. The entire setup has been tuned. It is spot on!

A McLeod clutch spins a T-5 transmission that was sourced from a Mustang. The rear is an 8.8 inch with 3.70 gears and limited slip. It is mounted on a Chassis Engineering parallel leaf spring suspension.

The brakes are all disc. The underbody master cylinder is boosted by an electric vacuum system. The fuel and electrical systems are all new. The cooling is by an Aluminum radiator. The steering is a Vega box. The front has been all rebuilt and includes a four-bar style setup from Chassis Engineering. Tube-type shocks manage the bounce.

The tires are radials with a big/little look. The wheel/beauty ring/hubcap look is very attractive.

He paid attention to safety. The taillights are LED. There is a third brake light. He installed turn signals. The headlights are Halogen. Seat belts have been installed.

The interior is very nicely done in a tan naugahyde. It looks like something that would have been done in the 50's. The entire interior has been reupholstered, as was the trunk. There are plenty of gauges to monitor the engine and its performance.

The body is wonderful. The paint is older and has a few touched up chips. But it all looks very nice. The stainless is in nice condition, as is the chrome. The front bumper is brand new. We have another set of hood sides that were custom built to show off the engine and they go with the car.

This is a true hotrod. It doesn't appear to be anything radical, but I would wager that it will out perform any other flathead powered car on the street. It is so well engineered.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  4. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1948 Chevy 3100 Panel Truck $ SOLD

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    jakespeed63 and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1953 Mercury Monterey "Royal Tahitian" Custom $39,995

John D'Agostino designed this car in the 80's. He showed it in California and won Best of Show at the 1986 West Coast Customs show. He traded this car for Gene Winfield's Jade Idol and then lost track of it.

My good friend Guy Zaninovich found it in Michigan and alerted me that it was for sale. It made John happy when he was able to reconnect with one of his creations.

The most recent owner was an engineer at Ford. He decided this car needed to be a capable driver. He went through the powertrain, suspension, steering and brakes from front to back and top to bottom. I can attest that this car is a wonderful driver.

And it is a very attractive show car. The paint is still in wonderful condition. The chrome is lovely. All the glass is tinted and new.

My favorite highlight is the interior. The pearl white pleated vinyl is stunning. The piping makes it just pop. The theme is carried from the dash to the trunk. It is a real crowd pleasure.

There are many custom features on this car. 55 Pontiac Grill, 54 Mercury bumpers, 57 Chrysler taillights, frenched and smoothed, lowered.

The engine is a Chevy 350 and the trans is a THM400. Lots of bling beneath the hood. There is working vintage heat/AC. The steering column is by GM. The steering and brakes are both power. The front brakes are disc. The rear end is an 8" Ford with 2.79 gears.

This car was originally a trailer queen and went from show to show. Now it can be driven to the shows. You are guaranteed to draw a crowd.

Attached Files:

flamingokid and Madness like this.
  6. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1951 Chevy Customized Convertible $ SOLD

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  7. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1954 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Starfire Convertible $89,995

This is my second ownership of this wonderful car. I love Oldsmobiles and 54/55 are my favorite years. Obviously this is the top of the food chain.

I sold it to a very particular collector. He bought it with about 48,000 miles on the odometer. It was in great condition. But he got started on it and just couldn't stop. New tires, brakes, suspension, hydraulic system, interior, etc., etc., etc. He spent $20,000 on the car. And drove it 2000 miles!

So now it sits just over 50,000 on the odometer. Built at Southgate (California) and all it useful life spent in Oklahoma. The most recent stop was Florida. It has always been garage kept and is very, very original in appearance.

You really need to see it to believe it. Words and photos just won't express the quality of this car. Sensational is not a strong enough term. I recently drove it an hour to a well-attended Cruise Night. It had a crowd of admirers all evening. Driving home, I took the Interstate. 80-85 mph was common and it had plenty more. It LOVED the exercise.

There is nothing left to do but enjoy. It is a phenomenal car to drive. It is a wonderful car to show and is definitely Concours worthy. The colors are splendid, the chrome is awesome, the interior is simply stunning.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  8. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please PM me with your running/driving trade offer or reasonable cash offer