Register now to get rid of these ads!

Senior Project HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Noland, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Noland

Noland

I need a little help with my senior project

Here is the problem I want to do my senior project on traditional Hot Rods,The project parts is not a problem I building my coupe for that. Heres the true problem I have to be able to prove something about Hot Rods.I was thinking along the lines that Building Hot Rods is an Art form,A way of expressing.

I was hoping the the HAMB could help out with some more Ideas,I need something pretty solid Because my Teacher hates Me and I think Hates my Hot Rod Senior Project.

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

If she hates you and your hot rod I think it would be wise to pick something else. BUT if you are really set on it, here is my advice.

I would approach it from a history angle. You can integrate WWII and the effects of the war both home and abroad. You could also easily tie in dry lakes history and rosie the welder and all of that good stuff. Art is subjective, while most history is black and white.

Also, check the HAMB this topic has been mentioned a TON of times.

Good luck.

3. Noland

Noland

Yeah Im not giving up that easy,I tried doing the history of Hot Rods but she just laughed and said"whats that gonna prove" so now Im determine to do it one way or another.

4. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

When you say "have to prove something about Hot Rods" what do mean? What do you need to prove?

5. BowtieBrains

BowtieBrains
    from KY

You should have asked her smart ass what she wanted you to prove through the project. I had to do a senior project awhile back and I replaced the floor boards in my dads 47 P15 coupe. At my school the final result has to be a product or a service. What I pretty much did was go through step by step of what I did and then tied it into being an occupation like an auto body shop or something. Then told like salary and employment stuff.

6. dbradley

dbradley

The "boom" started with GIs coming back from WWII with money, spirit and knowledge they had gained. Hot Rods and motorcycles were a release for many of them. There are many books and stories on this. But like she said, what's that going to prove........... I think you would turn that into the 'industry' and lifestyle that evolved around hot rods. They were a part of what is know as "the fifties"

7. Noland

Noland

I was sort of leaning towards the late fiftys to about mid sixtys when all the show rods car around,because thats pretty much what my coupe is going to be. I Think what Im going to prove is that I can build one Bad ass era correct Hot Rod