Register now to get rid of these ads!

senior newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by speedy pete, Aug 29, 2005.

1. speedy pete

speedy pete

Hi my names Pete Hayes and I split my time between Placida Florida and Hayward Wisconsin. Did some drag racing on and off the street in the late 50's early 60's. Built up and ran a 49 Ford with a 57 Olds, duall quads and a 39 Ford trans which I had to rebuild every weekend. Back then you could buy a bushel basket of gears for $100 bucks. Over the years I have owned 1937 Packard, 1939 Chev, a Siata which I installed a Fiat 124 engine in , 1956 Porsche and a " rice rocket" Honda s1000. Now I am retired and building my dream ride a 1939 Ford pickup with an 8ba flathead.The engine is stock now but I plan to buid it up to a street mild stage. Will be using the advice and experience of those of you that have gone through it before. Of all the sites I checked out the HAMB looks to be the best with my type of guys.

Keep the pedal to the metal!
    Speedy Pete

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Welcome Pete.

Doc.