Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Senior Moments

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wicarnut, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Si.

wicarnut likes this.
  2. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Keys, Never Never put your keys down.

61Cruiser, raven and wicarnut like this.
  3. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife tells me that if I get much worse, she's going to buy me a "I Love New York" t-shirt, take my money and ID away from me and then leave me at the bus station.

Chavezk21 and wicarnut like this.
  4. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Well, about getting older, you don't need extended warranties and lifetime guarantees are no longer as meaningful, people who wish you harm should also be aware that life in prison no longer carries the same threat.

5. :p
    Just a couple of things that happen, what I really like about getting on in years is...........
    ................ Not a lot. :):D:p:p
    image.jpg image.jpg

6. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

this is real REAL GOOD STUFF to funny like they say DONT GET OLD IT SUCKS i told my buddy one day i think the cat got it and she play with me look at her she got it look at her :rolleyes:

wicarnut likes this.
  7. I've always been absent-minded even as a kid. Walk into a room and forget what I went in there to get or to do. Usually I look to see where I was and can figure it out.

Since I'm out on disability I decided to dig up some unfinished model car kits. I was looking for some stock car parts, open a '64 Thunderbolt kit and inside sits a stock car I had started probably 4 years ago. Totally forgot about it... but the work looked familiar.

Today I was talking to my son and making up an Xmas gift list and getting set to go out shopping. I hadn't moved 4' in the entire time... lost the freakin' list. I'm looking here and there... no didn't use it as a book mark... My son says, did you check your pockets? It was in my shirt pocket.

mad mikey and wicarnut like this.
  8. Jim Mothershead

Jim Mothershead

Don't feel bad......circa 1980, going around the Baltimore Beltway, our trailer came loose.......hello safety chains !! Our camping pop up came loose circa 1970 in NC.
    Guilty as charged...Jim did not put the breaker bar on tow ball nut, duuuh ?
    Rosina always sez " is your nut tight ?"
    Nuff said
    Jim, havin' fun with old cars and great Car Nutz.

Jimmie\'s first car June 8 1944 Birthday.jpg

2bubbas, Gman0046, bobss396 and 4 others like this.
  9. Jim Mothershead

Jim Mothershead

Yeah, if ya can remember the seventies, you weren't there.

Royal Palm Ice Company, 1974.JPG

10. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

As you get older you get forgetful, lets see, it was loose shoes and what? just kidding ,I remember perfectly.

wicarnut likes this.
  11. I should not be able to remember the 70s or the 80s as a matter of fact, but I DO. And I remember the world was a better place!

wicarnut likes this.
  12. Went to teacher graduation last Wednesday at ASU for my Best Friend Kim which was great.

Afterwards we went to Tempe Marketplace to walk around with her kids & grab dinner.

We were at the car - she was talking on her phone rummaging thru her car trunk .....

" I can't find my phone "

" Anyone seen my phone ? "

I just about died laughing .....

Jim

13. I'm funny about my keys and phone. I never lost them... so far. I don't carry a wallet (keep it in a safe place) but carry cash, my health insurance card, license and bank card most of the time in my front pants pocket. When I was 18, I left my wallet on the rear fender of my '64 Olds. Drove somewhere, came back and the wallet was still sitting there. What luck...

My kids have lost wallets, keys, key fobs, iphones and glasses plenty of times. One lost 2 pairs of glasses, once in a cab ride and at a concert mosh pit. One of them twice lost his phone, once someone found it and was able to call him, the other time it was left at a bar.

wicarnut likes this.
  14. F.O.G

F.O.G
    from Pacific,Mo

I'm thinkin' the OP was right, we DID invent the internet.

wicarnut likes this.
  15. wicarnut

wicarnut

Here's one that happened here in the Northwoods recently, we belong to a group named PrimeTimers, (nice group) local group for senior citizens, activity's, local events, trips, etc. 55 and up requirement. We have meetings monthly (excellent guest speakers) and I have learned to keep my jacket/hat with me as after every meeting, someone takes the wrong jacket/coat/hat home and we get an email about jacket/coat. When I suggested we should do like back in grade school, put your name on your jacket/hat at a meeting, thought I was going to get run out of town, old people without a sense of humor, funny, the men laughed, but not so much with the ladies, have learned to stay out of the way when the ladies are in charge (food/registration)at our local PrimeTimer car show.

raven likes this.
  16. lonejacklarry, don't feel bad. Ever since I had to go out on disability and keep on getting in trouble here on our mountain top home my wife threatens to put up camaras to keep an eye on me now. LOL. Bruce.

17. I have recently found out when I tell people I am getting old timers desiese they treat me kinder.LOL.Bruce.

18. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My brother in law, aged 90, recently went to a Lexus dealer in Las Vegas to get another car on a 3 year lease. The lease manager reportedly asked something like: "Art, you're being a little optimistic, aren't you?"

19. wicarnut

wicarnut

Bumped this thread back up to read some more funny "Senior Moments" I'm sure I've had several, just can't remember them now to tell them. My life seems to be an adventure more every day. Short Joke, At our advanced age we tend to have "Hallway Sex" That's when you pass each other in the hallway and say to each other, FU, FU, FU, FU. My wife and I laughed big time when we heard this and now when we get irritated with each other it starts up and it always breaks the tension, But, giving my wife credit, she has a sense of humor, put up with me 38 years now.

Petejoe and mad mikey like this.
  20. 0nedon

0nedon

My last one was just yesterday- worked about 4-5 hours getting the hood open on a 39 I just traded for.A lot of extra time so I WOULDN'T break the release handle getting it open. When I finally got it open with hood up I hit the handle to close it and you bet, I broke it off. still kicking myself. Anyone have an extra??

wicarnut likes this.
  21. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Got notification that someone posted on this thread. I don't remember posting on this thread for that to happen?????

Engine man likes this.
  22. Lil32

Lil32

great stories

wicarnut likes this.
  23. Gman0046

Gman0046

Spend half my life looking for my reading glasses.

wicarnut likes this.
  24. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Do you ever find them on your head?

wicarnut likes this.
  25. BJR

BJR

Is SENIOR MOMENTS a Mexican fellow?

wicarnut and jeepsterhemi like this.
  26. An old preacher to me once " youth is too damn precious to waste on a young'n " , true story.

2bubbas and wicarnut like this.
  27. dan griffin

dan griffin

I built a 12 second race car and then I found out I had 14 second driver.

61Cruiser, raven, LOST ANGEL and 2 others like this.
  28. wicarnut

wicarnut

BUMP A Senior moment of late, went to my bank ATM to gets some cash , later in day go to buy something wanting to use my card and WTF, card not in wallet, check pockets, jacket etc, upset with myself., thought about it and remembered someone talked to me at ATM machine as I was pulling receipt. So........ I go back to bank, they check machine, card was in it, machine pulls card back in when you do not take it when you leave, pretty kool safety feature, asked how often this happens with us seniors, answer, way more often than you would think and not just seniors. Everyday is getting to be an adventure. LOL. Lets hear some more working on your car moments, It always makes for some good/funny adventures, my last one was putting new alternator on my 51 Merc, another 5 minute job that took me days to complete, LONG story post #51 Thread, Ever bought a project thinking this will be easy?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  29. gatz

gatz

More times than I care to mention...
    I'll be out in the shop doing "something" and often have to look at my hands to see what I'm holding for a clue as to what I was doing.

LOU WELLS, 3340, BigO and 1 other person like this.
  30. X-cpe

X-cpe

I consistently way under estimate the time needed to do jobs because I have to spend so much time looking for what I need because they aren't where they were until the third time I look.

LOU WELLS, chryslerfan55 and wicarnut like this.