Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Senior Moments

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wicarnut, Nov 23, 2016.

1. wicarnut

wicarnut

While reading, posting here on the HAMB, thought I would share some of my Senior "Moments". I used to haul my High Boy Roadster all over to big shows in my enclosed trailer, Fun car for about 1 hour max to sit in. I had my suburban hooked up to the trailer and wife would stand in front to guide me between ramp wires, wide rear tires, I'M watching her and the whole deal tips up in front and starts rolling backwards down my driveway, I stand on brake, on ramp, no result, we roll back, ramp hits large plastic storage bin for carbage cans, recyle, etc. Moves bin into my aluminum garage door, damages 2 bottom panels, no damage to car, trailer, wife, although I got my ass chewed for awhile and she Never stood in trailer again. When I moved trailer, the tongue weight was holding it down, I forgot to snap the coupler down, have had and used trailers 40 years, hundreds of times, forget 1x. Used to have an open trailer for my Winged Sprint Car, one night went into drive through at Micky D's and wife yelled STOP ! I forgot about canopy over drive through, would have damaged top wing, $600 back in 90's, now you have to back out on a curve and many cars behind you, happy to move out of my way. Drive to race track, sign in, go to unload car, had pad locks on tire racks, storage box, ramps, I had left the keys at home, this is when I found out, you can shoot a hole through it, stays closed, but it will pop open w/ 1 well placed hit of hammer, fellow racer's trick. Go to an out of town Car Show, first gas stop realize, no wallet, left it at home, was w/ a group of friends, had to borrow $$$ for complete trip, Wait a minute, I started this thread w/ a Senior Moment in mind, reading this, I realize these stories are before I was a Senior, lost my train of thoughts before I typed, pretty scary, Senior Fun ? LOL Happy Thanksgiving ! We all have much to be thankful for !

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Senior "moment" hell. I am currently 79 and have been having one for about 4 years now. Must be chronic. Totally too much shit happening all the time lately.
    Jimmie

3. Sounds as good as when I ran my parts 64 station wagon up the guide wire on the power pole bring down all the power lines.LOL.Bruce.

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Reminds me of my old neighbor.
    I could always expect to be entertained on just about any summer Sunday evening after the neighbor and his wife had been out on the river all day with their boat and a load of alcohol in their bellies.
    The poor woman was the designated driver, except he was holding the steering wheel and she was directing him. Almost as entertaining as an afternoon at the boat ramp.

61Cruiser, Deuces, Jet96 and 2 others like this.

5. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Yes, I hear you bothers, that is why we brothers stick together as one. We can all look out for one an other. Thanks for your openest and honesty.

chevy3755, bobg1951chevy and wicarnut like this.
  6. I was going to post one but I forgot what it was.

61Cruiser, mgtstumpy, BigO and 13 others like this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

There's got to be more than one Gary.

wicarnut likes this.
  8. robracer1

robracer1

I had the interior out of my 32 roadster and was installing dynamat on the floor for mostly heat, I was using a wooden yard stick for measuring and cutting pieces for size. Well when I was done I could not find my yard stick anywhere? A week later at the upholstery shop going over what I needed done I looked at the pass side floor and the sun light hit the floor just right and there was the yard stick under the nice new dynamat, I did not say anything to the upholster because I was to embarressed, just went home and cut the yard stick out of the floor which was a pain in the ass.

alanp561, cpd682, Tim and 3 others like this.
  9. I recently became the evening caregiver for my 92 year old mother. Guess what I found out? Apparently dementia is contagious.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

common statement - this only happens to others. I don't remember ever forgetting anything.

11. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

You don't have to be old to have moments like that. Sometimes even us young'ens have them.....

Clay Belt, mgtstumpy, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  12. mike bowling

mike bowling

I'm sorry, can you repeat the question ?

mgtstumpy, BigO, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  13. One what?
    I'm not Denny? who are you talking to?

BigO and wicarnut like this.
  14. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:confused:
    Me too!

Deuces and wicarnut like this.
  16. I was fighting a fuel pump problem on my hot rod finding a new pump was another story.
    Long story short after fighting to get gas to the carburetor I figured out I was out of gas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

getting older kid of sucks, but i would like to see pics of the sprint car! if ya remember where ya put them! lol.

Deuces and wicarnut like this.
  18. wicarnut

wicarnut

Go to my albums, several pics of my race cars, only race car I have now is one I'm restoring, slowly, but surely.

19. wicarnut

wicarnut

For 20 years we had a sport/ski IO boat (also used it for fishing, caught alot of fish in it) and I always got the truck/trailer and backed it in water, she drove the boat on trailer, a few funny stories to go with that deal, Another set of funny stories w/ me driving the boat. Been told, being w/ me can be an adventure at times.

20. Dementia is more than contagious. :-(

21. mike bowling

mike bowling

I read someplace that "the hardest part of getting old is remembering being young"-
    perhaps memory loss is pre-planned to limit stress ?
    Anyone seen my glasses?

wicarnut likes this.
  22. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

GET OFF MY LAWN !!!!

BigO, Deuces, wicarnut and 1 other person like this.
  23. Deuces and wicarnut like this.
  24. I DONT HAVE DEMENTIA{even though I am 63} when I am working on an old cars in my shop and lay a tool down and come back and its gone! I have these little GREMLINS that steal them and when I go up for lunch I come back down and the tools are back in place.!!!Do you think I should start setting mouse traps for the little tool stealing GREMLINS??? LOL.Bruce.

25. BJR

BJR

I find myself hurrying down into the basement to get something. When I get down there I have to stand there and try to figure out what I was after in such a hurry.

61Cruiser, Engine man, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm only 57, but when I fuck up, I blame it on the other guy. Helps me sleep at night. Guess I'll send him a Christmas card this year.:rolleyes:

61Cruiser, raven, VANDENPLAS and 5 others like this.
  27. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yep
    Here's one like that.
    You go down the stairs and stop midway to think about why you went down there and realize you arent sure whether you were going up or down.:confused:

SS327, jaw22w, Hnstray and 5 others like this.
  28. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

The first guy says "It sure is windy today" the second guy says "No it isn't it is Thursday" the third guy says "I'm thirsty too let's get a beer"....