Register now to get rid of these ads!

Semi OT Cd player installation help...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thesupersized, Sep 13, 2008.

1. thesupersized

thesupersized

to start off...i dont really know what im doing when it comes to cd players...but anyway, im putting one in my shoebox (in the glovebox of course...) and i got it all wired up and for some reason it has no audio output..the music doesn't play...it turns on and everything but just has no sound, yes i turned the volume up..theres one wire coming off the cd player that is blue/white that is suppose to be connected to "system remote control" or something like that..i believe that is if you have extra amp or something like that...am i suppose to hook that wire up somewhere?

2. The blue/white wire is a remote turn on for an amp or similar device. You don't have to hook it up if you don't have an amp. As for why you don't have sound, it's hard to say without being there to mess with it. Did you buy it somewhere with some kind of tech support? If not maybe you can try going to a local electronics store and picking their brains. Sorry I can't be more help.

Tony

3. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Are you running 2 or 4 speakers? Balance all on one side? fader all the way to rear? are the speakers grounded? Check everthing twice

4. hot rust

hot rust

some cd players have a button marked ATT, from what i remember about the one in one of my friends car it's like a mute button. make sure it's not in use.

5. thesupersized

thesupersized

im actually trying to run 3 speakers...1 in the front and 2 in the back..for the front speaker i took the positive for the right front and the negative for the left front..thanks for the responses...but still no music hahaha ill take a ride by a local automotive electronics place tommorow and see if they can point me in the right direction...

6. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

You might have shorted and burnt out the front outputs by wiring the front speaker like that. The radio can't handle that like an amplifier car. Try disconnecting it and try just the back ones, see if it works. If the radio's outputs still work, wire just one speaker output to the front speaker. Most radios now have a protection circuit built into them, hopefully this one does and the radio is ok. What size is the front speaker?