Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SEMA question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leadfoot, Jan 23, 2010.

1. leadfoot

leadfoot

I know that it is not open to the public but is there a way to get in?
    I have a friend whos wife would like to take him for his 60th birthday.
    I'm sure she would pay a reasonable price.
    Thanks in advance, Mike.

2. Capt Crash

Capt Crash
    from Colorado

I think that your best bet is if you know someone that has a auto parts buisiness or a garage of some sort. Try your local Napa or Carquest, etc especially if they are locally owned, and if you know them, or if you buy enough parts from them that they know you. The last time that I went you had to show a photo ID as well as a buisiness card.

The first time that I went, I got in as part of a race team. I do not know if they still issue passes for a race tram but it would be worth a phone call.

Or if your friend has a nice car, maybe he can find a company that will let him put it in their display.

Brian

3. bdr1

bdr1

I work in the industry and go every year. We usually don't get our guest list ironed out until a few weeks before the show. Just find someone who works for a botth holder and get an extra pass. I usually "loose my credentials" 3 or 4 times a week and need them replaced. (wink wink.........nudge nudge)

4. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Find a company that already has the registration process down and pay the $25 to be added to the roster. It's getting harder and harder to register (as it should be) and once you're on the list, it is automatic from year to year. Even if I don't go, I register anyway to stay in the system. I suspect that sooner or later SEMA will have a "public" day over the objections of vendors and charge $25 to get in.

5. This show was never intended for the general public..Having been in the industry for over 30 years,I have seen a lot of changes and not many of them good.The cost for a vendor to set up a display here is very,very expensive.Hell you even have to pay a union guy just to plug your telephone in.another union man to plug your electricity in..Vendors come here to show new products to their distributors and jobbers.Not to have a window shopping general public there just for the sights.If I didnt write 2-3 million
    dollars worth of future business each year at this show.The vendors would not have a reason to be there.Give them a break...
    Let the show stay the way it was intended..Let the salesmen on the floor have the time to sell to legit distributors and not have to answer questions from the general public.I dont expect this to be a popular posting here,but think about the reason this show was
    born to be. I would not think of crashing your wedding party.

6. Some car clubs have an agreement that will allow members to attend. I know the national (late-model) Impala SS club has/had such a benefit available to its members.