Register now to get rid of these ads!

SEMA or NSRA Louisville Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1938ute, Jan 2, 2012.

?
  1. SEMA

50.0%
  2. NSRA Louisville Nationals

50.0%
  1. 1938ute

1938ute
    from australia

We're planning a trip to the USA this year, and would like to go to the Sema Show or the Louisville Nationals. I work in the industries so entry to Sema shouldn't be an issue. I was just wondering what people thought who have been to both ?
    Cheers Steve.

2. Been to both in the past. I prefer SEMA over the Nats. If you can't find what you like there it doesn't exist. Besides you'll be in Vegas too ! Be ready to walk until your legs fall off also. Have fun.

3. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

You can look at cars anytime, SEMA that's where the goodies are.

4. 1938ute

1938ute
    from australia

Thanks for the input guys, I went to the West Coast Nats & Bonneville last time I was over there, But that was 20 years ago.
    Cheers Steve

5. SEMA. Great show, great people, great place.

6. slammed

slammed

Lots of CHICKS workin' the booths at Vegas. SEMA too.

7. aus55

aus55
    from down under

Sema was awsome, have not done the nationals. Drags should be on in vegas around that week too

8. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Haven't been to the nat'ls but Sema is gearhead overload.

9. krooser

krooser

SEMA... even my wife enjoyed it.

10. HotRod33

HotRod33

How do you get into SEMA ? It is not open to the general public is it????

11. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

SEMA for a first-timer is just awesome! There really is nothing to compare it to. I've been going since about 1985 and still find it the best car guy experience outside of Bonneville.

I've also been to Louisville a couple and have vowed to never go back. I just don't know how people live in that climate. It was soooooooooo stinking hot that all I wanted to do was hide in the exhibitor's buildings where the air conditioning made things tolerable. It is most definitely not fun to try and see the assembled cars outside when the sweat is dripping off your brow, as well as other body parts, in buckets!

Choose SEMA, you won't be sad. And, don't forget a ticket to SEMA also gets you into the APEX show which is another feeding frenzy for car guys. Just be ready for some very sore feet, back and hips from all the walking.

Just my two cents worth...

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

been to both more than a few times, tough choice both are different, I'd pick the Nats

13. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

14. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I live in Louisville and have been to SEMA also. If you want too see alot of cars and some vendors go to Louisville. But if you want to ALOT of vendors and some cars go to SEMA, plus its in vegas. Wear some good shoes and be prepared to walk alot and you still won't see it all. I would pick VEGAS!!!!!!!!!

15. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I'd do SEMA - wider variety of products and vendors. If you are strictly a hot rodder Nat's make sense. But, the Nat's are usually brutally hot.

SEMA entry has become a joke - anybody with a borrowed business card can get in (the organization just wants all the money they can get). It used to be exclusive to actual dealers and professionals, but now it's a consumer show - flip flops, shorts and beer! Party on.

16. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

SEMA in vegas for me! but its not open to the public....

17. Check around for friends ( or a friend of a friend ) that belong to SEMA and make arrangements through them. Quick funny story about SEMA. While there in 1996 me and my buddies found someones I.D. for the show laying on the floor. This was the second day of the show and we preceded to scan that card in every booth that had one. I always wondered how much junk mail that guy got in the next couple months!

18. SEMA with out a doubt. You can register at the show but you have to be able to prove that you are part of the trade. Better to register in advance by mail.