Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SEMA Coverage?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harrison, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Bull

Bull

I was told by the Rocket rep at SEMA that both wheels will be available in 18x5 as well. They will be priced starting under $400 per wheel according to the rep.

2. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I would be suprised if they were anywhere near that as most of their other wheels are well under $200, and those seem pretty simple. I like them a lot!

3. The $400ish figure was from David's mouth, and since he owns the company he probably has a good idea what he intends. He told me he intends to start with 16x5 and 16x6 initially. As a side note, smooth or ribbed, they both start with the same casting (similar to what Halibrand did) then get finished accordingly.

4. Bull

Bull

I didn't hear it from David, but the other guy working the booth. He told me 16" sizes to start but 18" would be available shortly.

5. autobilly

autobilly

Dug that Kosmic Outcast when I first saw it in TR&KI. Very cool Ute!

6. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

I don't doubt you at all, I would bet that when speedway and summit racing decide to pick it up they will want to sell them for close to what they are selling their other wheels for. I'm sure until they get some heavy hitters in they will run the higher price to try to recoup the investment, but if they get popular(and I think they will) they will ramp up production and lower the price. Of course that may just be wishful thinking on my part cause I want some but not enough to pay $1600 a set as I could have real Halibrands for that kind of money and they will hold value.

7. OneRustedDodge

OneRustedDodge

They have market set pricing, so the cost won't be any less at Summit. I spoke with David for about 20 minutes and if you purchased the wheel as-cast then you can get it for $290~ versus the powdercoated version (pictured) that tacks on $100. Keep in mind that these are being cast and machined in China - no way you can even compare these to a US made (real rodders) wheel.
    And I don't know where you're shopping, but there's no way in hell you're getting a set of nice Halibrand smoothies for $1600. If so, please send some my way.

8. rocketracing

rocketracing

Thanks for all the feedback on our new wheels guys! Product details for the Solid Rocket and Rocket Fire wheels are now available on RocketRacingWheels.com. Yes, all of our dealers go by MSRP pricing so what you see on Summit will be what you see on Rocket's site. Yes, Darrin is correct, we do value your feedback and use it for determining what new products we will bring out. 16x5 will be available in just a few months. The beauty of the 16x5 size is it fits the majority of all 16" vintage tires. From the short skinny 500-16 up to the tall 825-16 tire sizes, you can Mix and Match the Rocket Fire and Solid Rocket with tall, skinny vintage tires to your traditional hot rod or open wheel roadster. Reach out to us here with questions, comments, etc: http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/contact_us.php

Rocket Fire series product info: http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/rocket-fire-series/c268

Solid Rocket series product info: http://www.rocketracingwheels.com/rocket-solid-series/c269

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Good news. But... I was sure hoping there'd be a gray center with machined rim version of the solid wheel. Please! Please! Please! Gary

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013