Register now to get rid of these ads!

selling your first car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RayMiller, Aug 4, 2010.

1. RayMiller

RayMiller

So I have my very first car for sale right now I have owned for 14 years and the thought of it going away makes me bummed. Don't get me wrong not the first one I have sold but this is the first one I ever owned. Any one else have a hard time selling a car they have had that long?

2. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

Just sold my 57 Ford that I had since the age of 16. It was hard to see it go but when I bought my new 50 chevy, it made all the pain go away! haha. :D

3. Selling the 1st car was easy because I didn't know any better !! It took me until the 4th car to realize I had cars I should keep. That car I purchased in 1974 and I still have it today >>>>.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if it makes you bummed then don't do it.

what car and why are you selling it?

5. Don't do it!!!!! I've still got mine from 89'

Wish I still had my 2nd, and my 3rd, and.............

Attached Files:

6. No problem getting rid of my first car,,it was rolled up in a ball! :eek: HRP

7. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

Bought my first car in 1974 & sold it in 2007. Hated to see it go but it was time

8. ken1939

ken1939

Oddly enough....

My first car was a 1980 Caprice Coupe. I know a OT car. However I did relinquish the car in 1989 after 6 years of ownership for a new pick up.

Currently searching craigslist is the same car, color and options as I had.
    I still have the Superior Estrella wheels that I had on the car. I am half tempted, no three quarters tempted to purchase this car. It may not be the same car, but dang thats pretty close.

As for my old car collection,

I have had my 39 chevy for over 25 years.

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I sold my first roadster in '64, had it since '55. Built it from an 'A' body and '32 rails.

Found my '55 F100 in '72, paid $60, near perfect truck. Couldn't/Wouldn't sell it now, even for a small profit. LOL I know every bolt.

10. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I bought my first car in 71 sold it the same year and have gone through hundreds since. Sure, there are some I wish I still had but I focus more on ones I would like to own in the future. Stay attached to family and friends and don't worry about the Metal stuff, just build another!

11. RayMiller

RayMiller

51s sedan, gotta go tho my second little one is on the way.

12. RayMiller

RayMiller

yea i know its just a car and believe me i do have other rides i want to finish but i need the money to go twords my home for my next child. god willing in the future i will run across another 51 that i can get before it is too hacked up, id like a stocker to restore.

13. Bought my '64 Olds 88 in 1973, sold it for what I paid for it in 1974. Did not miss that car a bit, except for the brute power and mint interior. Everything that could break on that car did and I was a poor college student at the time. Never had a car leave me stranded so often as that one, but I learned a lot from it.

Bob

14. 6berry

6berry

haha the first ot car was no problem because i bought it for $100 got it running for fun then scrapped it for $250 after taking out the superchager. my first hamb friendly car is not going on the market for a while(or ever)

15. Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

While it wasnt my first car, I have an OT '88 Chevy that I could never part with. I bought it out of a local junkyard in very sad shape. There was nothing that really made it special or stand out from any of the other vehicles around it (in fact, there were so many weeds growing around it you could barely see it!), but as soon as I laid eyes on it I knew that it was 'mine'. Ive rebuilt or upgraded just about everything on it, and know the truck front to back. Ive been through just about everything with it, and everybody that knows me can tell you that the truck is a part of me.

Ive had several other vehicles that I wish I hadnt of sold, and others that I could sell but wouldnt really want too, but Ill be damned if that truck ever goes! :D

16. cheveey57

cheveey57

My first car was a '65 ss box nova. Had it many years. raced it & kept it in primer. Than one year I decided to paint her & when I went to pick it up, I got T-Boned by an old lady. I sold it the next day.........I still regret it.

17. uc4me

uc4me

The one car that I will never sell (well maybe for extremely stupid money or if someone in my family needs a kidney) is the my first car O/T 1971 Javelin AMX

18. RayMiller

RayMiller

Sold the car and wasn't sad, actually kinda relieved to see it go.

19. brad chevy

brad chevy

Good deal man,priorities 1st,toys later,you"ll get another toy.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Too late, I was going to suggest selling the kid!! Just kidding I laughed a bit going through this thread because other than the dates( 6 years later), I have the same story as ENGINE PRO 5X. Took me till car #4 before I figured out that getting rid of cars I love is a bad deal. By that time I had been through a '35 Ford five window, '39 Deluxe coupe, and a '41 Ford pick up. Dumb...

21. 47chevycoupe

47chevycoupe
    from Finland

Got my first car when I was 10. Sold it when I was 36. Drove it about 2K max all of that time. Rebuilt the 396 in it, put about 100 miles on it in 10 years. Just set in the garage. Have never regretted it.