Register now to get rid of these ads!

sellers eqpt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Has anyone heard if Sellers Eqpt is still in business. I sent him money for a valley pan and the check cleared on the 12th and the email address isnt any good or the phone number.

2. striper

striper

If he cashed the cheque, I'm guessing he's still around.

Try a PM.

3. This might be hard for people to understand that have never owned a small business. When things are a one man operation, where they list things they make, then make them, and ship them, more often then not, you aren't going to get "big business" speed.

Sellers stuff is top notch, and you will get your parts :D

4. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Had the same problem a few years ago. Seems to pop out of sight at times. Sorry carsforme..Don't buy the overworked guy in the shop bit. If you advertise a product and take a man's money for it, I think you need to at least communicate to the customer if you have a delivery problem. Ionia did that for me with a much appreciated phone call to explain the delay. That's not the biggest shop around either.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010

5. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

sent money for a fuel block
    he was waiting on castings
    he send me an old one to use meanwhile
    6-7 mos got the one i ordered he said keep the'' loaner''
    p/m was way we keep in touch
    fyi the workmenship on the finished part was great
    worth the wait..........

6. 9 days (including a weekend) for a part he makes himself is a delivery problem? I wasn't saying its ok for a month or more, but 9 days? Plus it was a check, most people hold shipping on checks longer. I have had my bank tell me a check is good, only to pull the money back out of my account a few days later. I'm sorry, but I don't see 9 days on a part that was paid for by check as being an issue, YET. Many places/people hold checks for 10 business days.

7. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

prewarcars4me<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5156204", true); </SCRIPT> I sent a check and it CLEARED, I tried to contact him so I would know when to start looking for the box, instead the phone number dont work or the email.........I didnt ask why it was at my door I wanted to know when to expect it.......So i dont get to ask because I sent a check?

8. Did you try PMing him? He was on here on the 19th. As for cleared, yes, it cleared your bank on the 12th. I have had my bank hold checks for several days before posting into my account, even after the senders bank cleared it. Thats how the money order scam works.

So the only ones that can post are the ones that agree with you? Check.

9. seret

seret

His computer broke, I can tell you that, I have phone numbers and info he wants in a bad way, and I havent heard from him yet, so its not like he's avoiding you.

10. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

thanks Seret for the info...

11. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

I just wanted to know when I should expect the box, I work nights and I can leave a note and the post man want leave the box. thats all.....................

12. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Steve is a stand-up guy so I wouldnt worry,He'll pop up

Tony

13. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I heard before the best way to get a hold of him was myspace? I think? That sounds familiar!

14. kookee

kookee

Good, even excessively good, transactions/communications when I worked with Steve.

I would guess that the problem indicated above, broken PC, may be an issue. I certainly do not think that he is the type that would risk his reputation to scam one person for one item.

Patience.

15. movingviolation

movingviolation

From what i know of Steve he is a hard working honest to goodness stand up guy. The times i have spoken with him he has always been working long hard hours... He delivered on the special build we did...the product was perfect and way beyond our expectations.

I'm sure that you were not duked.... Sellers is the real deal....and his products are off the charts with quality and style.

16. 1donaldo

1donaldo
    from california

Steve is very hard to deal with. He has an unpaid invoice at my foundry that has been sitting here for over a year. You can't get hallock windshields anymore because steve won't pay his bill. Simple as that.

I also know for a fact that there are 8 to 10 others on the HAMB that have had major issues with Steve's business. One even got a death threat from him that lead to the police being called.

What I don't understand? Why don't these people say anything?

Steve needs help.

17. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

Well I sent a PM to him maybe it will all be good....

18. chaddilac

chaddilac

He is a good guy.... I'm sure it's a legit problem that has held him back. He came through for me!

19. rustisgold

rustisgold

post # 16 makes me worry-also waiting on a hallock wind shield-but have never heard anything bad about the guy or his work (aside from post#16) --ever

20. I am in the same boat as 60srailjob. Sent a check for a Y-block valley pan back in February. He said in mid-February he was accepting orders. Didn't receive the part, heard nothing, so I PMed him on March 17th. He said he had trouble with the casting, which I can understand. He said he'd need another 4-6 weeks. PMed him again last week, have heard nothing.

I suggested back in March that he post updates on the Main Board about the status of the items, but he didn't want to hear it.

I want to support vendors on the HAMB and know that many of you have very small business operations.

But at this point, I'd just like the part delivered, my money back, or a simple explanation of what is going on. I'll settle for any of the three. That seems reasonable enough.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  21. I think the answer is in post 16, unfortunately.
    He has to know of this post from friends and could have them post for him, but this hasn't happened.
    Sometimes excellent craftsmen make poor businessmen.
    I hope he pulls through this.

22. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

I think this is crappy.... I'd like to have back my 218.00 back......I just wanted to know the status of what was going on and when to start looking for the box, uh I guess there aint going to be any box................ oh well it will bit him in the butt if he's done wrong and if not then I guess everyone who ordered something will get their product or money back.......

23. send_it_all

send_it_all

Sellers e-jipped....lol
    J/K. hopefully he will make good on your order. From what I have seen, he's one of the best fabricators there is.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

This pretty much wraps it up.

I've had a poor experience and I know others have too. What's funny is he blamed the foundry when I was trying to deal with him. :D Then he blamed being busy, then blamed me (that was an odd one to read :D since I'd already paid with the promise of getting parts), then not having help, then blamed my expectations, and so on. Then, like Houdini, he disappeared.

All that was after he told me the item was in stock yet moments after he took the money they were no longer in stock.

His quality is not like the rad pics he shows off, too. He doesn't like when you call him on his integrity or not being a stand-up guy. He says his word is gold... :rolleyes:

Oh well... lesson learned.

I have to say, I did end up getting my parts, they weren't what I had asked for but they're mine. :D

25. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I hear his stuff is good but as a person he is up and down.
    Didn't he make a BIG announcement that he was closing up shop, then all of a sudden he is giving away stuff from the goodness of his heart? I know alot more, but he's not worth my time after this post. DRAMA QUEEN in $400 glasses.:rolleyes:

26. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Read this folks and then think about it ?

27. so do you own a foundry or are you a
    elevator tech like your profile says

28. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Good, talented...it means shit if you have no ethics/accountability.

I want my MONEY BACK.
    End of story...it has been over two months, since I paid him for a part that already exists, it doesn't even need to be made, it was a steering box for a '58 Ranchero he said he had...
    I have since found, bought, had shipped, and am about to install the new one.

I don't need his part anymore, I want my $ 235.00.
    No bashing, no more to say...I just want my money back.
    I wasn't even going to post here, because of the stupid drama lovers, but...It needs to be said.
    I am OWED $235.00
    I am empty handed.

29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    from Austin, TX
    Staff Member

Hey guys.. I'm on the case... Please PM if you have any outstanding deals with Sellers Equipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.