Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seems to be Hot Rod time in Texas, ANOTHER new guy...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DJ Bill, Feb 14, 2012.

1. DJ Bill

DJ Bill

Hi everyone, After lurking for years I finally decided to register here.....I live in a sleepy little community in central Texas called Coleman, no relation to Coleman Coolers or camp stoves......Been very active in the early jeep world for a long time, but have always loved the Model A since I was a kid. I owned one in high school that I was building from parts, collected a few Doodlebugs and actually had one running around the small farm I lived on with my Grandparents... We also had a cool 1951 Dodge pickup that I learned to drive on....

That Model A got sold a LONG time ago, due to the parental pressures to get rid of all the old junk hanging around.....but I never lost the urge to build or own something similar. Up until now I have been sticking with a random part here or there, a set of old 19 inch wheels, a horn, model cars, etc....but a while ago I was at the local scrapyard looking for some plate steel and I found a 31 Chevy pickup cab, or at least the remains of one after someone carted it in for scrap. A few weeks later I also bought a chassis, again a Chevy, complete with torque tube rear and front axle. Plans involve a 76 Chevelle 4 dr with no paperwork I have in the driveway and a lot of 18 gage sheet metal welding eventually. Probably a RPU, but who knows what will evolve as time goes by.

My day job involves driving cross country for weeks at a time, with nights spent in random motel rooms with internet.. Places like this keep me from going completely bonkers, and I can do a lot of pre project planning that way. And ask all the pertinent dumb questions too.

So....forgive me if I ask stupid things, suggest weird projects, or get in your way on the road of life. I really didn't mean to. :D

So... on to the cars!

2. Greetings from central Iowa!

3. pakrat

pakrat

Welcome to the HAMB.

4. dtownduran

dtownduran
    from Dallas

Welcome from Dallas texas.....

5. Welcome from Denton

6. 60 ford

60 ford