Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Seeing an old build after 24 years...where's yours

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptop40, Apr 30, 2017.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Montana.
    [​IMG]

Sweden.
    [​IMG]

Marthas Vinyard.
    [​IMG]

California.
    [​IMG]

Myrtle Beach.
    [​IMG]

North Carolina.
    [​IMG]

Also North Carolina.
    [​IMG]

Germany.
    [​IMG]

The black '34 is the one that broke my heart. I will NEVER sell another car again. I'm just going to start hoarding them until they pry them from my cold dead hands.

-Abone.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I think about this car ever single day of my life. Germany is a long way away, but........

[​IMG]

-Abone.

3. oldsman41

oldsman41

abone what were you thinking when you sold that 34 very nice. i still know where a few of mine are but not all of them. 2 in michigan 1 in ohio 1 in cali 1 in pa.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bought and redid the 48 in 1973 to take it to the street rod nationals in Tulsa. Sold it because I wanted a 55/56/57 Chevy big window real bad and didn't get the one I wanted. Bought a 57 Panel with a hot 327 in it and drove it for a year, had a for sale sign in it when I passed the 48 in a parking lot and the guy who had it also had a for sale sign in it and he hollered that he would trade straight across. Trade was made and the 48 has been in the family ever since. It has morphed though several phases over the years until I wore it out to the point where it wouldn't run anymore.
    I had had my old 51 Merc since I was 16 and sold it in a basket to a guy with a lot of cash to spend when I was 48. I used to see it around about once a year but haven't seen it out in years. He did completely finish the car but not the way I would have. Nothing that a trip to the chrome shop a tire and wheel change won't fix though. Black painted bumpers and aluminum wheels don't look right for some reason..
    [​IMG]

It's the gray primer one on the right side of the photo one year at the run to Roslyn when we filled the street in front of Paul Harper's house with Mercs. I towed the trailer behind it up there for the weekend with it. Odd thing is that I don't have one photo of it that I know of that was taken when I first had it when I was 16.
    [​IMG]

stillrunners likes this.